Custom report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
petersboro-p40

Custom report

Post by petersboro-p40 »

Why can't I create a custom report? I have entered all of the criteria and formatting and save and it creates the report but never pulls any dat from the database. Just blank.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

The only way we can help is if you describe the report criteria that you set up.
kisaac
Community Moderators

check your criteria...

Post by kisaac »

petersboro wrote:Why can't I create a custom report? I have entered all of the criteria and formatting and save and it creates the report but never pulls any dat from the database. Just blank.
Yes, describe what you need and how you are doing it so somebody here can try to recreate it for you. It sounds like something is not correct... your report is "blank" because no data is meeting your criteria. As an obvious example: You could create a report to display all WOMEN who hold the priesthood. This would return a "blank" report (not an error message.) There is no data meeting your criteria to display, and the output would look just like you describe.

Try simplifying your report to a single criteria, and thus figuring out which criteria is incorrect.
kisaac
Community Moderators

and read the wiki: custom reports

Post by kisaac »

kisaac wrote:Yes, describe what you need and how you are doing it so somebody here can try to recreate it for you. It sounds like something is not correct... your report is "blank" because no data is meeting your criteria. As an obvious example: You could create a report to display all WOMEN who hold the priesthood. This would return a "blank" report (not an error message.) There is no data meeting your criteria to display, and the output would look just like you describe.

Try simplifying your report to a single criteria, and thus figuring out which criteria is incorrect.
oh and the link to that wiki on custom reports, click here. It'll fix ya!

Return to “Membership Help”