Ward Leadership report not updated

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan,
First, you shouldn't have to wait longer. When you requested the full Request Unit Refresh at the stake level that should give you everything that is in CDOL.

You can check CDOL to see if it has the correct information. If not the problem is getting the data up to CHQ, if it does then it is getting the data down from CHQ.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryan jones wrote:Alan,
First, you shouldn't have to wait longer. When you requested the full Request Unit Refresh at the stake level that should give you everything that is in CDOL.

You can check CDOL to see if it has the correct information. If not the problem is getting the data up to CHQ, if it does then it is getting the data down from CHQ.
The data is getting to CDOL just fine, but for some reason is not coming down to the stake properly. I have talked to Local Unit Support and they will take a look at our stake database to see what's happening. I'll report back when the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your help!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:I'll report back when the issue is resolved.
On Monday I spoke with Local Unit Support. They set a flag to capture the stake MLS database, and so on my next Send/Receive, our database was sent to CHQ.

The MLS team then apparently analyzed the database and figured out what was wrong, because today, just two days later, when I did a Send/Receive several unusual files were processed. Those files must have been database fixes. At the end of the transmission I was required to log off and then login again. When I logged in, I saw that all the Ward Leadership changes that I had been expecting were finally appearing in our stake MLS.

So it turned out to be a database problem that could not be fixed by my own efforts, but the Local Unit Support team (presumably with some help from the MLS team) was able to fix it promptly. All is well.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Interesting... Maybe I'll have to give that a try for what I just came across.

We had a new bishopric put in on Sunday so I helped the ward clerk update the organization info for the Bishopric. I took advantage and had him update EQ and RS presidencies as well. I then had him send his membership data to the stake. A half hour later, I did a send-receive on the stake side. Sure enough, the new bishopric was there, but the RS presidency hadn't updated.

Who can explain that one?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

crislapi wrote:Interesting... Maybe I'll have to give that a try for what I just came across.

We had a new bishopric put in on Sunday so I helped the ward clerk update the organization info for the Bishopric. I took advantage and had him update EQ and RS presidencies as well. I then had him send his membership data to the stake. A half hour later, I did a send-receive on the stake side. Sure enough, the new bishopric was there, but the RS presidency hadn't updated.

After the update for the Bishopric I assume you did a send/receive. Did you do another send/receive following the RS?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Yes. Changed/updated Bishopric, EQ and RS at same time and then sent membership data to the stake. I then went to the stake and did a send receive.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

CzechRM wrote: I was also informed recently that CDOL servers had a backlog of information to process but has caught up and is processing current files again.
We just called a new bishopric on Sunday. He appeared in the CDOL by Tuesday. Much quicker than it ever used to be!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:. . . the new bishopric was there, but the RS presidency hadn't updated.

I would look first to see if the RS presidency was listed using standard callings or non-standard callings. If non-standard callings, change them to standard.

If standard callings are being used, I would try again, and then call Local Unit Support if it did not work.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

Alan_Brown wrote:So it turned out to be a database problem that could not be fixed by my own efforts, but the Local Unit Support team (presumably with some help from the MLS team) was able to fix it promptly. All is well.

So if I'm having the same problem the answer looks like I need to call LUS and have them do a DB fix? I've tried everything else mentioned here and still can't get the callings for one ward to show up correctly. It would be nice that if it is happening to more than one stake that they find a way to fix everybody at once instead of it being done peacemeal. course i know they are busy guys.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jasonhyer wrote:It would be nice that if it is happening to more than one stake that they find a way to fix everybody at once instead of it being done peacemeal.
Unfortunately, these kinds of bugs usually relate to glitches in the local database. If they find something happening to more than one unit, they usually do fix it. But most things like this they do not know about until a unit calls and asks for help.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”