Gospel Library App April 2024 Leadership Instructions

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
wlewis

Gospel Library App April 2024 Leadership Instructions

Post by wlewis »

In the past the Leadership Instructions included videos from the training that was done. The April 2024 Leadership Instructions has no videos of the live training. Will there be some or are we only able to use the PDF of the summarized meetings.
Thanks
BrianEdwards

Re: Gospel Library App April 2024 Leadership Instructions

Post by BrianEdwards »

wlewis wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 pm In the past the Leadership Instructions included videos from the training that was done. The April 2024 Leadership Instructions has no videos of the live training. Will there be some or are we only able to use the PDF of the summarized meetings.
Thanks
On Oct 27th last year, the Church sent an email about the Ward Council training materials from October conference, which is how I became aware of them, and I don't know how early they were uploaded prior to the Church communication. I'm not aware of any general email about the Ward Council training materials from the April 2023 Conference (and I had no idea they existed until maybe August last year). 2022 and before doesn't seem to have this type of separate Ward Council section for training, and I'm not aware of the videos from the live training being available for 2022 and before.

Maybe others know how quickly the Church posted the 2023 Ward Council videos, and perhaps we're still in the "normal time window" for them to appear, with a corresponding email from the Church asking us to integrate the training into our Ward Council discussions. I don't know if anything has been shared regarding the status of the videos for this most-recent conference leadership session.

On a side note, my impression (prior to Oct of last year) was that these videos were mostly an additional resource that could be utilized if a local ward/stake/area wanted to focus on a particular topic that was pertinent to them. Mostly because (at least locally) we had never heard anything asking us to make a focused effort to do anything with those general leadership materials. And when I discovered the April 2023 ward council training section, I did wonder if locally we had missed out on something the Church wanted us to be actively doing. Then last October we were specifically asked by the Church to prioritize leadership instruction from the October conference in our council meetings. I'm interested to see if the Church specifically requests the same thing for the April 2024 leadership training. Again, that's just a side note.

Return to “General Discussions”