Library App For Windows Will Not Finish Installing

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ldchristensen

Library App For Windows Will Not Finish Installing

Post by ldchristensen »

I have tried to install the Gospel Library App from the Microsoft Store. The installation gets to the blue start screen with a spinning wheel and the message Downloading Catalog. I am running Windows 11 Pro with all current updates. I let the installation run overnight without any success.
hurdpcs

Re: Library App For Windows Will Not Finish Installing

Post by hurdpcs »

Good afternoon, I have the same problem, did you by chance come up with a solution?
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

How about the folloinwg

1) Go to Settings (for Windows)
2) in the search area of the settings type " installed apps" and hit enter
3) Find the Gospel Libray app and then on the right side where you see "...." left click on it and choose advanced options.
4) in the advanced options for the app, you will see "terminate" "repair" and "reset"
5) Starting with Terminate, you can choose it, wait a little bit for Windows to process it and then see if you can lauch the app.
6) If that does not work, then try repair first, then reset, each time allowing a little time for Windows to process and then trying to lauch the app after each action.
hurdpcs

Post by hurdpcs »

I have an update, I tried uninstalling the latest win 11 pro update. Then I tried running Gospel Library, it got past the downloading notice, but when I tried to login to my account the login window said that church services were not available, please try later. it appears that the app is having issues communicating with the server. I have a similar issue with the beta app.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”