Email Reminders Not Being Sent

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rawharton

Email Reminders Not Being Sent

Post by rawharton »

My ward does not seem to be receiving the emails for subscribed calendars - specifically YW/YM activity reminders.
- I have verified that "Allow Reminders" is checked under the Reminders at the header. And the box is checked for all of the calendars I want to receive email reminders for.
I have checked with multiple leaders and parents. We do not receive any notifications for any of the different ward and stake calendars. I'm not sure what happened, but we hope you can assist.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email Reminders Not Being Sent

Post by russellhltn »

For this to work:
1) The event itself has to have "Email Reminder" checked by the calendar editor
2) The user needs to have "Allow email reminders for calendar events" checked under "Choose Calendars"
3) The user needs to have "Reminders" checked for that calendar
4) The user may need to have "Local Unit Event Notifications" checked in account.churchofjesuschrist.org/subscriptions

You may want to look at the sync options so everything on the YM/YW calendar is synced to your personal device's calendar. You may find that preferable to receiving emails.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”