Annual ward history template?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
KerryBird

Re: Annual ward history template?

Post by KerryBird »

I am a former ward and stake clerk. The annual history is one of the few paper reports still being used. Is anyone looking at changing to an online form, similar to what was created for membership council reports? It would save a lot of paper throughout the world and eliminate all of the storage of documents
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

KerryBird wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:38 am The annual history is one of the few paper reports still being used.
I have seen instructions for submitting stake histories electronically.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Our stake has been submitting our histories electronically for a number of years. I have submitted our ward histories for seven years to the stake in a PDF file and they combine that with the other wards in their electronic submission. The instructions, samples, forms, and training materials for the histories and the link for the stake electronic submission is found at the Stake, District, and Mission Annual Histories page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

I’m glad they made an online submission possible. It saves a lot of paper and the space to store it
awjacobsen

Post by awjacobsen »

If anyone would be so kind to please email me some Ward History samples, I would really appreciate it. Thanks [email address removed]

[Moderator edit: removed an email address]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please use the Private Message feature of the forum rather than posting a personal email address. The forum is publicly visible, so email addresses could be harvested by spammers, scammers, and worse.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

If anyone would be so kind to please email me some Ward History samples...
Two posts before yours, there was a link shared that has sample unit histories (a comprehensive version, and a basic version). I'd suggest you reference those for examples of what your unit might want to consider. If you desire something else, another option would be to contact your Stake Clerk, and ask if he can share a few recent histories either from your own unit, or other units in the Stake.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”