Book of Mormon Video Series - Unreleased Trailer?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
despaintroy

Book of Mormon Video Series - Unreleased Trailer?

Post by despaintroy »

Does anyone know when the new Book of Mormon videos are going to be released? They first announced that the first videos were to be released Fall of 2018...but it's been a while since then.

Just today, a new trailer was apparently accidentally posted to the official YouTube channel for the videos, but was quickly taken down 15 mins later. Luckily I managed to download the video while it was up :) Has anyone heard anything else?
Attachments
BoM Trailer Thumbnail.png
(4.88 MiB) Not downloaded yet
YouTube Screenshot.png
(1.7 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Tongore

Re: Book of Mormon Video Series - Unreleased Trailer?

Post by Tongore »

I didn't, would be nice to see it
despaintroy

Post by despaintroy »

Tongore wrote:I didn't, would be nice to see it
I'd imagine it would be a copyright issue if I uploaded the trailer for others to watch.
Maybe the church is waiting until closer to the end of this year to release the videos since we'll be studying the Book of Mormon for Come Follow Me next year?
despaintroy

Post by despaintroy »

Also, here's a link to the Church's YouTube channel for the BoM videos for anyone who wants to subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdhcDW ... oqIPeD8Vsg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

despaintroy wrote:Maybe the church is waiting until closer to the end of this year to release the videos since we'll be studying the Book of Mormon for Come Follow Me next year?
That's assuming it's even aimed at the general membership of the church. I know when a prior batch of things for the youth came out, they didn't want them shown to others. The youth needed "new" stuff and if it had been "worn out" in other settings, they'd have trouble keeping the youth's interest.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”