Change membership from Private to Public

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brown67

Change membership from Private to Public

Post by brown67 »

I have a member family that has their membership set to private currently. They asked me to change it to public, but I have no Idea how to do that. They aren't tech savvy and can't figure out how to do it themselves on the app or LDS.org. FYI, I'm the Ward Clerk.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Change membership from Private to Public

Post by jdlessley »

Currently a member can edit their privacy setting in Member Tools as well as online in the Directory. The procedure is essentially the same for both locations. To do this, navigate to the household name and click the edit icon (pencil icon). Select the tab labeled Privacy to make the changes.

Individual privacy settings are done much the same. The difference for getting to individual settings in Member Tools is to select the Household tab in order to select the individual name. In the online Directory and when at the household view (the default view) select an individual name and then select the Privacy tab.

A clerk can currently only edit household and member privacy settings in Member Tools. Follow the procedure described above for a member editing their privacy settings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
klricks

Post by klricks »

brown67 wrote:I have a member family that has their membership set to private currently. They asked me to change it to public, but I have no Idea how to do that. They aren't tech savvy and can't figure out how to do it themselves on the app or LDS.org. FYI, I'm the Ward Clerk.
In Member Tools app:
Find the member in directory and click on the 'pencil' icon
Click on the [Privacy] tab
Click on each item... Photo, phone etc.

Similar at CoJCoLDS.org under Ward Directory & Map but there I seem to not be able to change the privacy setting for anyone but myself. I am Assistant Ward Clerk so maybe full Ward Clerk can do it? I can make changes in Member Tools app no problem.

I don't think there is anyway to change privacy settings in LCR?
Assistant Ward Clerk
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

klricks wrote:
brown67 wrote:Similar at CoJCoLDS.org under Ward Directory & Map but there I seem to not be able to change the privacy setting for anyone but myself. I am Assistant Ward Clerk so maybe full Ward Clerk can do it? I can make changes in Member Tools app no problem.
No, not even the ward clerk can do it at the moment. I hope that will change in the future, but for now, Member Tools is the only way for a clerk to change another member's privacy settings.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

klricks wrote:CoJCoLDS.org
I assume you mean ChurchofJesusChrist.org – CoJCoLDS.org directs you to a different website.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”