Sacrament Meeting Attendance

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
spark1960

Sacrament Meeting Attendance

Post by spark1960 »

Where do I record Sacrament Meeting attendance?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sacrament Meeting Attendance

Post by russellhltn »

The average attendance for the last month of the quarter is reported as part of the quarterly reports. Until then, it's recorded in whatever method works for you. Usually a piece of paper in the clerk's office.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our clerks office has a calendar and there is a number written on it each Sunday that equals sacrament meeting attendance for that day.
klricks

Post by klricks »

I made an OpenOffice spreadsheet on the clerks computer desktop.
I just enter in the count each Sunday and the average for the month is automatically calculated.
Assistant Ward Clerk
cchang

Post by cchang »

klricks wrote:I made an OpenOffice spreadsheet on the clerks computer desktop.
I just enter in the count each Sunday and the average for the month is automatically calculated.
Would you be willing to share your spreadsheet template? I'm hoping that the new 2020 sacrament attendance can be easily accessible on a mobile phone.
artoo00

Post by artoo00 »

I believe the original post was asking about the new way to record attendance. If so, LCR has this message up:

"As announced by the Office of the Presiding Bishopric on November 1, 2019, beginning January 1, 2020, ward and branch clerks should begin counting sacrament meeting attendance each week and recording it in Leader and Clerk Resources. This can be done by selecting 'Sacrament Meeting Attendance' under the Reports menu. The ability to record sacrament meeting attendance using the Member Tools application will be available in the coming weeks."

I haven't seen the report yet, but LCR indicates that the change is to be made today. Can't wait until it works through Member Tools!
artoo00

Post by artoo00 »

Ugh...Just realized the original post was on "02 Jun", not "02 Jan". Apologies for my lack of sleep. :oops:
robertscottbush

Post by robertscottbush »

How do you account for Stake Conference in the new Sacrament Meeting Attendance. Just post a zero?. Same question for cancelled Sacrament Meetings due to inclement weather?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Just leave it blank.
rmwr

Post by rmwr »

How do you account for Stake Conference in the new Sacrament Meeting Attendance. Just post a zero?. Same question for cancelled Sacrament Meetings due to inclement weather?

scgallafent, you said just leave it blank. Is that official church policy? Wouldn't that have a negative impact on the average?

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”