New "directory".... a step back in usability

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ckellsworth

New "directory".... a step back in usability

Post by ckellsworth »

while i understand the desire and need to modernize websites & code, the new "directory" is less useful. its harder to navigate trying to look info up in just a small sidebar attached to the map Functionality. From a user's perspective Split them back out again please!

take this new "directory" and just leave it as the new map, I can't think the last time when i was using the directory going hrm i wonder how this section im looking at looks on a map.
klricks

Re: New "directory".... a step back in usability

Post by klricks »

+1
Many of the custom formatting options are gone such as font size and multiple columns.
This was useful for my tech challenged elderly members.
I now get a 30+ page printout that they can't read.
Assistant Ward Clerk
marketurley

Post by marketurley »

The new Directory is now very difficult to navigate. I agree with a previous post "the new "directory" is less useful. its harder to navigate trying to look info up in just a small sidebar attached to the map Functionality". I only want the map if needed. Now it crowds out the ward membership which I need.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

marketurley wrote:The new Directory is now very difficult to navigate. I agree with a previous post "the new "directory" is less useful. its harder to navigate trying to look info up in just a small sidebar attached to the map Functionality". I only want the map if needed. Now it crowds out the ward membership which I need.
I agree!
HamiltonJamesStephen1

Post by HamiltonJamesStephen1 »

I agree that the new directory is difficult to use and the result is NOT satisfactory .... please put back the old directory .... it was much better than than the new attempt of a directory .... the auxiliaries that use the directory will NOT be happy with the new directory.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

It is harder to use. It is map centric instead of ward list centric. I can't find the lock visibility option either as a ward clerk. Grr....
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Ward clerks can currently only change visibility settings in LDS Tools.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gregneg

Post by gregneg »

Huge changes -- and the Help/ Release Notes that I went to for help say this "Last Updated: 31 October 2016 at 13:15"
aaronj84

Post by aaronj84 »

Not only is the new directory less useful for basic functionality, it also removes important functionality used by clerks and executive secretaries. I used to be able to send an email to all members of the High Council, to the Stake Council, to other orgs. With that functionality gone, the only option we have left is to manually look up those addresses each time in case any of the callings have changed since the last time we sent an email.
bobconlon

Post by bobconlon »

Is there a way to get multiple e-mail addresses at once, such as when I need to e-mail our High Council or all Bishopric members?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”