Bookmarks

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Hadfield04

Bookmarks

Post by Hadfield04 »

Is it possible to access the booksmarks that you've saved on the LDS Tools App on the LDS.org website?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Bookmarks

Post by lajackson »

If you are speaking of Gospel Library, then yes. Make sure you are signed in with your LDS Account at Gospel Library. Any bookmarks you make should synchronize with LDS.org and any changes you make at LDS.org should sync with Gospel Library.
oldhamba

Post by oldhamba »

Yes, but how do you access them on lds.org?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

oldhamba wrote:Yes, but how do you access them on lds.org?
If you go to Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, then open one of the sections (like Scriptures or General Conference), a Bookmark icon and a Notes icon will appear in the top right (under search). Those icons don't appear on the root Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org homepage – only when you're at least one level deep (I'm not sure why).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cormacshea

Post by cormacshea »

Bookmarks dont work for me. Even though I am signed in, when I try to add a bookmark, it tells me I need to be signed n.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cormacshea wrote:Bookmarks dont work for me. Even though I am signed in, when I try to add a bookmark, it tells me I need to be signed n.
If this is a new problem, it is quite possibly due to the major changes being made today at the Church website. I would either go to ChurchofJesusChrist.org and try or just wait a day or so.
queenbee47

Post by queenbee47 »

I can create a new bookmark, but I can't find my list of bookmarks. How do I do that?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Your bookmarks are found in the bookmark menu item which is the bookmark ribbon icon on the right side of the menu bar next to Notes (notebook with ribbon bookmark icon) and options (gear icon). Hover your mouse pointer over the icons to see the help text that identifies what the icon represents.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
emree1

Post by emree1 »

My bookmarks disappeared from my computer. They are still available in my mobile device. What is going on?
Dalaine

Post by Dalaine »

So how to get to bookmarks from a desktop:
1. Go to: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study (to which there is no link from the main website)
2. Click on anything but notes (which is where you'd expect to find them)
3. Click on the bookmark icon that shows up in a secondary navigation bar that appears.

That is super frustrating.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”