Can’t Get Marrage Information

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Vaccano

Can’t Get Marrage Information

Post by Vaccano »

I am doing my Membership Audit, and it says the check the box next to all members who have a living spouse.

I have two members in my ward that we know are married, but their records do not show that. When I select them, it says that I have 30 days to get that “fixed”.

But they do not care for the church and would not give us the date or place of marrage.

So.... do I check them and just not be able to update it....?

Or do I leave it un checked and pretend that I don’t know....?

(I don’t really like either option.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can’t Get Marrage Information

Post by russellhltn »

You may need only the year. You might check and see if you can find it in the public records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: Can’t Get Marrage Information

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe the "30 days to get it fixed" is a request or recommendation. It may take longer than that for some situations. We have had some take longer than 30 days and no one got in trouble for that.

I would check it, and do my best to find the information. If I can't find it, then that is all I can do. If a Stake Clerk had problems with my "unsuccessful efforts," I would ask them to help me find the information.

Return to “Membership Help”