ward directory and ward map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
drepouille

Re: ward directory and ward map

Post by drepouille »

Am I missing something? The old directory allowed me to see lists of all stake leaders and all ward leaders. I can't see that ability in the new directory. I can do it in LDS Tools and in CDOL, but not in the directory.

Edit: I can see all ward leaders at https://directory.lds.org/organizations, but not any stake leaders.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Click on the ward name at the top of the list and change it to Entire Stake.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

drepouille wrote:Am I missing something? The old directory allowed me to see lists of all stake leaders and all ward leaders. I can't see that ability in the new directory. I can do it in LDS Tools and in CDOL, but not in the directory.

Edit: I can see all ward leaders at https://directory.lds.org/organizations, but not any stake leaders.
You can get there by clicking on the Oganizations tab at the bottom of the member list section. You can then switch back to the members list by clicking on Directory. It took me a while to find them when I was first playing with the new directory.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

scgallafent wrote:Click on the ward name at the top of the list and change it to Entire Stake.
That works. However, I have to wait for every dot for every household in the stake to be placed on the map. I just wanted to know who all the assistant stake clerks were. I don't care where they live.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Is it hiding with the list of children that is also missing?
I see the directory no longer lists the members of organizations, only the leadership. Is that what you're referring to?

I'd imagine that all of the standard positions that need the member list should have access to LCR. That does create an issue for custom positions.

As for the pencil icon, when it appears, it appears just above the "Missionary" button at the bottom of the directory. The style is very much like what I see in Android apps.
lajackson wrote:So everything related to the directory is squished into a little 2-inch by 2-inch window while the map sits gloriously all over the rest of my screen and is of little use? Is there a way to change the proportions? Larger directory section and smaller map?
That appears to be the case. If you shrink the size of the browser window, it's the map that makes the sacrifice until all that's left is the directory.

While I understand the attraction of combining the two functions into one app, I'm wondering about combining them on a single screen by default. It seems like it would add quit a burden on the servers to draw a map every time a member just wanted to see the directory. But maybe there's a hidden agenda here. If my stake is any indication, and the leaders are following the Handbook, the First Presidency must be granting a lot of exceptions. :roll:
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:Is it hiding with the list of children that is also missing?
I see the directory no longer lists the members of organizations, only the leadership. Is that what you're referring to?
No. I am referring to the children in the member families that used to display for those leaders authorized to see them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:No. I am referring to the children in the member families that used to display for those leaders authorized to see them.
There are no lists of children, but when I pull up a family in my ward, I see children. I'm definitely seeing young children in my ward. But I don't seem to see children outside of my ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:There are no lists of children, but when I pull up a family in my ward, I see children. I'm definitely seeing young children in my ward. But I don't seem to see children outside of my ward.
I don't think the old directory ever showed children outside of the ward. Maybe callings like the stake presidency could see them. From my perspective as an assistant ward clerk, I still see the same information when looking at families in the directory; however, the lists like youth class membership are gone and now is limited to people with LCR permission.
crisbay

Post by crisbay »

how do i print each ward map
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

crisbay wrote:how do i print each ward map
You can download them from CDOL.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”