Can’t get beyond basic login

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
KellyWarnick

Can’t get beyond basic login

Post by KellyWarnick »

I can log into my account, but every time I click on Account Settings, it redirects me back to login, then I login again & again it sends me back to login. It seems to be stuck in a cycle.
KristaPGallagher

Re: Can’t get beyond basic login

Post by KristaPGallagher »

Hi my name is Krista Gallagher email [email address redacted]
I can't get beyond basic login in. Yesterday I had the same problem and they said there was a technical problem.
I am trying to pay my tithing on line.

[Moderator edit: Removed email address, because this is a publicly-visible forum.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

What exactly do you mean by "basic login"? There's only one level of logging in to a Church Account (formerly known as LDS Account). Let's look at a few steps in the process:

1) After you have logged in, go to https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng and look near the upper right-hand corner. Do you see a "Sign in" button? Or, do you see your name? If the latter, when you click on your name, do you see a 'Sign Out' button/link? That tells you whether you're really signed in.

2) Provided you do get signed in, go to 'Account Settings', then to 'Membership'. Do you see your MRN? If not, you need to link your MRN to your Church Account. If it's not already linked, there might be a button or link on that page to do the linking.

3) If you cannot get signed in or if you cannot link your MRN to your account, there are a few ways to get help beyond this user-to-user mutual-support forum:

3a) Clear your browser cache, delete relevant cookies and try again. Sometimes cookies and/or cache get corrupted, which can cause many odd problems.

3a) Check the first two posts here: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383 There are links to solutions to the more frequent problems and links to the official help request channel.

3b) You could send feedback at the Church home page, explaining the situation and asking to be contacted.

3c) You could ask your ward clerk for help. If your ward clerk cannot solve the problem himself, he can facilitate connecting with the GSC.
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

My daughter is having a problem logging into lds.org she puts in her user name & password to log in then when she hits the sigh-in button her user name & password both disappear and she has to start over! This has been happening every time she has tried to log in for a week so far to FamilySearch, to pay tithing on line, or to go into the distribution center, any thing on lds.org.

I had the same a problem as my daughter last month for about three weeks I couldn’t log in every time I tried my user name & password would both disappear as soon as I hit the sign-in button very frustrating for a Stake Building Scheduler. Then all of a sudden for me at least it started to work again I could log in I don't know why. We don't live close so we aren’t sharing computers or Internet. I was wondering if this was happing to others if there is anything she could do to fix this problem or who could help.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Did you try clearing the browser cache and deleting cookies (suggested in the post immediately above yours)?

Return to “Church Account”