Upload new signature cards?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
GlenMary

Upload new signature cards?

Post by GlenMary »

when I printed out new signature card, it says to promptly upload a new card.
doesn't say how,
how do I do that?
jazzkat

Re: Upload new signature cards?

Post by jazzkat »

I had this question, too. Here's how this works: to be able to upload the new signature card you have to do the following. first go into your Leader and Clerk Resources> Finance>Reports>Signature Cards> update card > Print Card , once here you will get a new window that will allow you to print a new signature card, once you print it if you go back to the page where the signature card is, you will now have an option to drag a PDF copy of the new signature card. This upload/drag feature appears to only appear after you select the print card function. If it takes a few days to get the new signature signed and converted to a PDF file, then the option won't appear. When you are ready to upload, simply hit the print card function again, and then return to the signature card page where you should see the option to drag the new file to the page. Hope this helps.
GlenMary

Post by GlenMary »

thank you....
that really helps
robertscottbush

Post by robertscottbush »

The program will not let me print a new Signature card to be filled out. It wants to print the old card.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

robertscottbush wrote:The program will not let me print a new Signature card to be filled out. It wants to print the old card.
I just checked and it worked just fine at LCR > Finance > Reports > Signature Card. At what point did you run into a problem?
The steps I took to print a blank card are:
  1. Click Update Card button.
    A new blank card showing all the signers without signatures is displayed.
  2. Click Print Card button
    The blank signature card printed just fine.
Note: It shouldn't matter whether there is a change in callings. The signature card will show those currently in the positions with finance permissions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

robertscottbush wrote:The program will not let me print a new Signature card to be filled out. It wants to print the old card.
When I was called recently it took a day or two from when my calling was recorded to when it showed on the signature card. If that's your problem and if it's been more than a few days and it isn't showing the current callings then you may want to contact the Global Service Department. In the mean time you could print the card anyway and just cross out and print the correct names.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

The Global Service Center says they are not accepting hard copies of signature cards at this time due to COVID. Apparently nobody told the programmers as there is no information in MLS to this effect and LCR says nothing other than to offer the upload button. In addition, once the signature card is uploaded, the bishop must authorize the new signature card on line before it will become effective. Again, there are no instructions to this effect whatsoever. Feedback has been sent on these issues.
brdenos

Post by brdenos »

When I clicked "print" nothing happened. When I right click on the print button and choose "open in a new tab" then I could see the PDF. Hope that helps some others.
lnewton64

Post by lnewton64 »

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for a while now. I have been having the same issue where you try to print a new signature card it wants to print the old one instead of the new one.

I finally found a solution that works! Use Firefox instead of Chrome or Edge, It works as one would expect in Firefox. I would like to find out why it isn't working in Chrome as that is my preferred browser.

As for the Global Service Center not accepting hard copies, you can upload the new signature card in LCR. Once you upload it, it takes a few days before it shows as the office signature card - I suspect that it goes through some sort of review process. During COVID, I have also been using Adobe Sign to collect signatures and that has been working great as well (assuming that you have access to Adobe Sign).
lnewton64

Post by lnewton64 »

jdlessley wrote:
I just checked and it worked just fine at LCR > Finance > Reports > Signature Card. At what point did you run into a problem?
The steps I took to print a blank card are:
  1. Click Update Card button.
    A new blank card showing all the signers without signatures is displayed.
  2. Click Print Card button
    The blank signature card printed just fine.
Note: It shouldn't matter whether there is a change in callings. The signature card will show those currently in the positions with finance permissions.
I'm guessing that you are using FireFox - It works in Firefox, but doesn't work in Chrome or Edge. I don't know if it works in Safari.

USE FIREFOX for printing a blank signature card. Hopefully, the developers will fix this problem soon as I do prefer Chrome and it my normal browser.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”