Two events using the same resources

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Two events using the same resources

Post by RBeatse »

I was just trying to add an event on a calendar and noticed that two Wards have entered their Christmas parties on the same evening in the same building at the same time using the same resources. “Impossible!”, you say! But the attached pictures show that they are both in the same building (green is our Stake Center) and the detail pop up shows that they are using the same resources (Cultural Hall and Serving Area). When I go into the details, the calendar and building drop downs are blank for me (this happened before and I thought we had fixed it) but either way, they are both showing up.

Please tell me that I am just misunderstanding something!!
Attachments
E54E754F-D862-4461-9FE5-DD38CA5B657A.jpeg
(897.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
6AC1CF38-C1DE-4423-A595-2B9095994DC0.jpeg
(209.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EBA440AD-76C7-4CCB-AB60-A6C735FF4384.jpeg
EBA440AD-76C7-4CCB-AB60-A6C735FF4384.jpeg (176.53 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two events using the same resources

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:When I go into the details, the calendar and building drop downs are blank for me (this happened before and I thought we had fixed it) but either way, they are both showing up.
I think something got messed up with the way the 5th ward was recorded. I notice the "directions" icon is missing from that event. But the text is clearly showing the same location.

I'm wondering if a service had a problem when that event was recorded.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Use Feedback, and I'll take a look at it. No, we haven't yet fixed the blank calendar in the pulldown issue that a few users see.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I have entered the feedback. Side note, when I went to enter the feedback, I noticed that they do not both show in Month View (only 7th Ward shows). Amybe there is a way to remove it from Week View???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By any chance, does this stake center show up twice in "Locations"? Or two "Gym" for that location?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

No, each only shows once
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I wonder if one of the events was originally created for a time or location that didn't have any conflicts – then was moved to a different time or location? It's possible that locations are enforced on event creation, but not on modification.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

It is possible. The 5th Ward's event can be cancelled (its the one without the directional arrows). They have their event scheduled on the calendar for the week before (12/7/19). I have left it there for the time being so that if there was a bug, we could see an example.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's also some question if this was a carry over from the prior calendar version.

Given that one event seems odd, I'm thinking it was a malfunction on creation/move/deletion of that event that left the facility open for scheduling. Basically a type of corruption, possibility caused by a crash.

Return to “Calendar”