Why no hymn lyrics on screen this general conference?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Why no hymn lyrics on screen this general conference?

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:As the paraphrased scripture says (lightning bolt alert), one church, one video feed. I am glad they have not taken that track with the audio portion of General Conference broadcasts.
Speaking of that, is it my imagination, or have they gone back to single-language and not try to switch languages during the conference?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hagothsen wrote:Things may get interesting when we switch to the new hymn book.
I think one of the goals of the new hymn book is to unify the numbers.

I'm sure a "block" will be set aside for "local" hymns, such as America the Beautiful (hymn #338), but the "international" ones will all be the same number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:. . . is it my imagination, or have they gone back to single-language and not try to switch languages during the conference?
It was an interesting experiment, but conference is back to English.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Oddly, enough the words were on the screen for the last choir number. I'm not sure about the rest of the conference, since I tend to listen rather than watch.

davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:Oddly, enough the words were on the screen for the last choir number. I'm not sure about the rest of the conference, since I tend to listen rather than watch.
We watched the entire session via lds.org - this was the only hymn that had the words on-screen for the session.

Return to “General Discussions”