Adding child to household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
showseason

Adding child to household

Post by showseason »

My membership clerk is gone for a while and I'm trying to figure how to add a child to a household. When a couple were married, the wife had a child from a previous marriage. The new marriage was recorded and she is how in the household of her new husband. Problem is, how do I get her child in to the new household? Appreciate any help.
eblood66

Re: Adding child to household

Post by eblood66 »

Assuming the child's record is already in your ward then you just need to go to he husbands profile in LCR (Membership > Member List and find the member), click on the Household tab and then click the Add Household Members link in the lower right side of the page.

If you don't have the child's record and the child is residing in the household full time, then you'll need to request the record using Membership > Move Records In. If it is a joint custody situation then there are other considerations and options that may be needed.
showseason

Post by showseason »

Child is 6 years old with no record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Before creating a child of record, read Handbook 1: 13.6.2 and make sure you have the permission required.

Only after the record is created, can you add them to the household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
showseason

Post by showseason »

OK, deleted the listing I had for the child and created a new one and was able to add to the new household. Thanks for the help.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

A couple nights ago, a sister in my ward called me to request a blessing certificate for her grandchild, who does not live in our ward. I told her that the mother of the baby would need to fill out and sign a Create Record form before I could do anything for them. Since the blessing was done in the grandparents' home in our ward, I would create the record, print the blessing certificate, and then move the child's new record to the mother's ward, grouping it with the mother's household.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”