LCR 4.4.9 release notes

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LCR 4.4.9 release notes

Post by lajackson »

grantjohansen wrote:Why can't I see it anymore as the Stake Clerk?
Read the post just before yours. No one can see it. It has been removed.

I assume it was removed by the developers at the direction of their priesthood leaders.
bdjense

Post by bdjense »

Is the “proposed ministering” assignments a list that is to be used by the Bishop for approving, editing or making changes? Can it be printed by the Bishop? Or is this strictly a function for the EQ President and RS President?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bdjense wrote:Is the “proposed ministering” assignments a list that is to be used by the Bishop for approving, editing or making changes?

Yes. That is one of the purposes for having the proposed assignments.
bdjense wrote:Can it be printed by the Bishop? Or is this strictly a function for the EQ President and RS President?
I do not know that the proposed list can be printed since our ward, including the bishop, work entirely within the system. I just checked and did not see a print function for the proposed list.

The ministering proposed assignments is a sandbox for the Elders Quorum presidency and the Relief Society presidency to plan assignments without affecting the current assignments. As such the proposed assignments are not visible to the general membership until they are published. The bishop can review the proposed assignments at any time during the process. When he has been notified the proposed assignments are ready to be published he can then approve them. It allows the behind the scenes work to be completed within the system without having to first do it outside the system and then laboriously enter them into the system.

Since the proposed list is in the system and available to those who have ministering edit permissions this makes collaboration more efficient, instantaneous, and easily comparable to the current assignments or use it as a starting point. There is no need to print out anything until the assignments are ready to be given to the ministering companions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”