Electronic reimbursements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Electronic reimbursements

Post by cchang »

It was brought to my attention that by the end of March 2019 expense reimbursements can now be electronically reimbursed instead of writing out a check. We noticed this informational message when logging into LDS.org. Is anyone aware that we can do electronic reimbursements for expenses?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Electronic reimbursements

Post by jdlessley »

The 15 March 2019: Ward and Stake Electronic Reimbursements notice is found in the Official Communications Library. The instructions are found in the Help Center page Record Expenses and Reimbursements

Many U.S. units were active for that capability on Friday, March 15. We are getting feedback from some units that the capability has not yet been activated for them yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pcox1217

Post by pcox1217 »

jdlessley wrote:The 15 March 2019: Ward and Stake Electronic Reimbursements notice is found in the Official Communications Library.
As a Ward Clerk in California, I don’t see the new functionality in LCR yet. I also can’t view that letter in the communications library! (It shows a Page Not Found error). I can access the Help Center article, so at least that’s something.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pcox1217 wrote:I also can’t view that letter in the communications library! (It shows a Page Not Found error).
I can't see it either. We've been on the beta. I guess that letter is only showing up for those units where the new version has been recently enabled.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

From the Help Centre. Is this what you're looking for? https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... s?lang=eng
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:
pcox1217 wrote:I also can’t view that letter in the communications library! (It shows a Page Not Found error).
I can't see it either. We've been on the beta. I guess that letter is only showing up for those units where the new version has been recently enabled.
I can't see that letter if I follow the link, nor can I find it in Letters, even if I set the selection to "All". Yet, I see the reimbursement account setting on my donation page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

eblood66 wrote:
As an assistant stake clerk, I received an e-mail on 3/15, telling me that an official letter or notice is available and I was able to download the notice. The notice is directed to leaders of "activated units". So I believe you are correct.
pcox1217

Post by pcox1217 »

I received the letter today and I now have access through LCR! Looking forward to adopting the new reimbursement process.
larryparkdunn

Post by larryparkdunn »

I have the information and looked over the process and looked at it on line. But do have a question. How do we get an electronic receipt into our system?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

larryparkdunn wrote:I have the information and looked over the process and looked at it on line. But do have a question. How do we get an electronic receipt into our system?
It has to be provided electronic to be uploaded, or scanned and uploaded. There are phone apps that others in the forum reported they have used to convert a paper receipt to a digital version that can be uploaded.

We are going to start with leaving the paper receipts in the paper process and do electronic receipts when they are provided (I don't have a cell phone that works well with any of the apps others have used). The system works fine using either process, as long as the paper trail is still there as it has been for paper receipts.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”