Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by jonesrk »

To me that sounds like someone created it as a reservation rather than an event.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:To me that sounds like someone created it as a reservation rather than an event.
Possible, but it's also possible it was created as an event on the building calendar (or some other calendar he isn't subscribed to). Either way, the building calendar will not show up in LDS Tools.

He could see the "item" once he went to lds.org on his iPad. I assume he was looking at the real building calendar at that point. In which case, regardless of how it was entered, he'd be able to see it. He should then be able to see what calendar it was scheduled on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ktizgrt1109

Post by ktizgrt1109 »

Can anyone tell me how to edit a calendar. I've done it before, have access, but don't seem to be able to figure it out now. Where is the edit button?
ricnel

Post by ricnel »

On my LDS Tools android app under Calendars, there is a section entitled "Calendars to display." When I hit that I get several options, including all 3 buildings in our stake. (So the LDS Tools app does give me the option to see uses for each building.) I click on the box for my building (Jordan Heights Building Use) and I can see things which are scheduled for that building, but not the April 11 wedding dinner. On the lds.org through my iPad, I click on the calendar section. I have the option on the left of seeing calendars for "See Events By Location" which lists the same 3 buildings in my stake. When I highlight the "Jordan Heights Building Use" calendar, the April 11 wedding dinner is listed. I would think regardless of the app I use (phone or iPad) any building use for this building would be listed. I don't understand why I can see it on one calendar (iPad), and not the other one (phone). They are both listed as building use calendars. Why allow someone to create a calendar which can't be seen on the LDS Tools phone app. Shouldn't the calendars sync across all of the various platforms - - android app, apple app, and website. I just don't understand.
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

When you use your iPad you are logged into LDS.org when you use your phone you are using Tools a different program. LDS.org shows events that are scheduled to the Locator calendar but Tools doesn’t. Usually items that are scheduled to the locator calendar are personal items like weddings, funerals, reunions of that sort. I am a Stake Building Scheduler I schedule all of the personal items for out whole Stake among other things and I know some of the people have been disappointed their event wasn’t going to show up on Tools.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ricnel wrote:On my LDS Tools android app under Calendars, there is a section entitled "Calendars to display." When I hit that I get several options, including all 3 buildings in our stake.
When you go to lds.org, and click on "choose calendars", do you see the three buildings listed? If you're using your iPad, you may have to click on a small icon left side of the screen, about mid-point to pull out that menu.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I schedule the personal events and we just created a Private Events calendar that can only be viewed by the Stake Presidency and me. Everyone else sees something is there but not what. Doing it on the building calendar is interesting way to do it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:I schedule the personal events and we just created a Private Events calendar that can only be viewed by the Stake Presidency and me. Everyone else sees something is there but not what. Doing it on the building calendar is interesting way to do it.
While it's possible, I'm not sure as it's the best way. You have more control over who has edit rights with the stake calendar.

Personally, I'd limit events on the building calendar to things like FM needing to do renovations.

casper684

Post by casper684 »

ktizgrt1109 wrote:Can anyone tell me how to edit a calendar. I've done it before, have access, but don't seem to be able to figure it out now. Where is the edit button?
1. Click on the actual event on the calendar that you want to edit.
2. When it pops up click on event details
3. Make changes needed
4. Click on save at the bottom.

You're good to go. This is new calendar so don't forget to complete "event organizer information" near the bottom with
required info. This will remain the same but if someone else modifies the event their name will show as the modifier.
n350zz4

Post by n350zz4 »

RBeatse wrote:I schedule the personal events and we just created a Private Events calendar that can only be viewed by the Stake Presidency and me. Everyone else sees something is there but not what. Doing it on the building calendar is interesting way to do it.
Private Event Calendar - Our Stake created a Stake Private Event Calendar. All Building Schedulers have rights for this calendar.
Protocol is that member submits request to building scheduler along with agreement to abide by guidelines. Bldg scheduler
submits request to ALL bishops in the requested building and places a restriction on calendar with " event pending approval".
Once approved requester is notified and event placed on stake private event calendar. Members simply subscribe to the Stake Private Events
calendar. Has worked very well in our stake.

Return to “Calendar”