Rome Dedication

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brofisher

Rome Dedication

Post by brofisher »

Will the Rome temple dedication be broadcast and where can we find the broadcast?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Rome Dedication

Post by russellhltn »

Temple dedications are typically only broadcast within the temple district to the meetinghouses in those districts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In additional to what russellhltn said, those who attend at designated meetinghouses are required to have special temple recommends from their bishops or branch presidents to participate in the dedication broadcast. Temple dedications are not broadcast over the Internet for anyone to view.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:In additional to what russellhltn said, those who attend at designated meetinghouses are required to have special temple recommends from their bishops or branch presidents to participate in the dedication broadcast.
The cultural celebration on Saturday is open to all, but still limited to the district.

Now, there has been significant dedications that have had a wider audience. The Kirtland temple comes to mind. But that's the only exception I can remember. I don't know as Rome would fall into the same category.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:In additional to what russellhltn said, those who attend at designated meetinghouses are required to have special temple recommends from their bishops or branch presidents to participate in the dedication broadcast.
The cultural celebration on Saturday is open to all, but still limited to the district.

Now, there has been significant dedications that have had a wider audience. The Kirtland temple comes to mind. But that's the only exception I can remember. I don't know as Rome would fall into the same category.
The Palmyra temple and the Samoa temple both were broadcast here as well. Although I believe the Samoa temple was just to the Samoan units in the area.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And I believe the Winter Quarters Temple. But they were each broadcast only to stake centers and recommends were required to participate. I would expect that much of the Rome Temple dedication service(s) will be in Italian.

I have seen some cultural celebrations broadcast on the Internet, though not publicized. I actually watched one of the Arizona ones. Of course, they do not do those any longer.

There will be a devotional for the youth on Saturday evening. They do a devotional now instead of a cultural celebration.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:Now, there has been significant dedications that have had a wider audience. The Kirtland temple comes to mind.
I'm guessing you mean Nauvoo, since the last time the Kirtland temple was dedicated, video broadcasts didn't exist... :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brofisher

Post by brofisher »

Thanks all...... FYI
I contacted salt lake and it will be broadcast to the satke centers. There will need to be a speacial recommend issued to each person. Just kike all of you have suggested. The broadcast time for our area will be 1 am 5 am and 8 am

Thanks for your feedback

Return to “General Discussions”