Live Stream Question

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
rgrich

Live Stream Question

Post by rgrich »

I'm a stake technologist, and was asked by a member of our Stake Presidency about a live stream training in Family History, scheduled for February 28th. This is scheduled for 7 PM Mountain time, and we're in the Pacific time zone. Our stake leaders feel that 6 PM could be too early to gather everyone together to watch the stream. With Satellite broadcasts it is common for the Church to rebroadcast the event immediately or 30 minutes later. But our stake leaders don't want to announce, and invite everyone to attend at 7 PM Pacific if the stream is not available to begin at the start.

I've searched all the on-line resources I knew about, and couldn't find a clear answer.

So my question is, does anyone know how soon after the live stream on family history begins that it will be available to restart ? Clearly it will be recorded and published, but how soon can you get to the session? And time is slipping away to notify our attendees about the options.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Live Stream Question

Post by russellhltn »

These questions have come up before and rarely get a definitive answer. Absent a better answer, unless you can DVR it yourself, I'd plan on watching it live.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

You might try sending an email to broadcast-support@ldschurch.org and see if they have an answer.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rgrich

Post by rgrich »

Mikerowaved wrote:You might try sending an email to broadcast-support@ldschurch.org and see if they have an answer.
I sent the same message the same day per your excellent counsel. However, I got crickets.
jwthomasbennion

Post by jwthomasbennion »

As a FamilySearch speaker Merrill White explained today at the end of his 3PM class for LDS Consultants, it takes 2-3 weeks for these recordings to pass church auditing & editing approvals before they will be posted anywhere.

So my advice before then is to have arranged with someone who is watching a live-stream, to find a program that will record videos as they are being broadcasted. But of course the built-in copyright protection may prevent that, but it all depends...

For streaming schedules, see https://www.lds.org/church/news/how-to- ... y?lang=eng (which for some reason doesn't include the above class I attended, at which cameras were present).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Temple and Family History Leadership Instruction broadcast is available for streaming now, but I don't see an option to download the video. I was hoping to download it rather than trying to stream it using our slow DSL at the meetinghouse.
https://www.rootstech.org/video/2019-te ... nstruction
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

drepouille wrote:The Temple and Family History Leadership Instruction broadcast is available for streaming now, but I don't see an option to download the video. I was hoping to download it rather than trying to stream it using our slow DSL at the meetinghouse.
https://www.rootstech.org/video/2019-te ... nstruction
I sent you a PM.
richardbatt

Post by richardbatt »

We're also showing the "Temple and Family History Leadership Instruction" broadcast tonight in our Stake Center and I'm wondering if it is possible to download the broadcast, rather than chance streaming.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”