Online Member Records Transfer To New Ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
freddyl1

Re: Online Member Records Transfer To New Ward

Post by freddyl1 »

Soy pte de quorum y junto con el secretario del barrio hemos tratado de localizar una cedula de un miembro con nombre y fechya de nacimiento y no aparece nada, y logicamente el miembro no se acuerda de su numero de registro,que se puede en ese caso
fjortis14

Post by fjortis14 »

I moved to the US over 2 years ago and have given my Bishop all my membership and address information twice and my records are still not transferred from Mexico. Now I can't donate to my grand daughter's mission for some reason.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

fjortis14 wrote:I moved to the US over 2 years ago and have given my Bishop all my membership and address information twice and my records are still not transferred from Mexico. Now I can't donate to my grand daughter's mission for some reason.
Regarding the membership record transfer/move, bishops are often busy with many things to do and keep track of, so it might be beneficial to give the info to the ward clerk or ward membership clerk of your _new_ ward. With a correctly MRN and a current local address, a membership clerk can sign in to LCR and move the membership records in about one minute. Regarding donations, the ward clerk or ward finance clerk should be able to help with that after your membership records have been moved.
nivianephelps

Post by nivianephelps »

My family lives in Miami Gardens we’re no longer attending our boundary ward because my son and not feeling the Holy Spirit, we would like our records transferred to another ward. The Hollywood ward thanks you please call me for any information [phone number removed]
Last edited by jdlessley on Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove telepone from public access
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

nivianephelps wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:43 pm My family lives in Miami Gardens we’re no longer attending our boundary ward because my son and not feeling the Holy Spirit, we would like our records transferred to another ward. The Hollywood ward thanks you please call me for any information [phone number removed]
Nobody here can move your records. You'll need to talk with at least one of the bishops involved to see if they are willing to make an exception to the general rule that members' records should be in the ward where they live.
nivianephelps

Post by nivianephelps »

The bishop knows about my request. As of right now myself and the bishop are not in the same page. I need a resolution. Thank you
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Then, please speak with your stake president. This is a user-to-user discussion forum. There is nobody here who can do anything about your request to have your records moved to a different ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just so you're aware, General Handbook 33.6
Membership records should be kept in the ward where the member lives. Exceptions, which should be rare, require the consent of the bishops and stake presidents involved. To request an exception, the stake president uses LCR to submit the request to the Office of the First Presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”