Beta Directory: Editing Permissions Missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mevans

Beta Directory: Editing Permissions Missing

Post by mevans »

As a head of household, there's no way for me to change my privacy settings, photos, or phone/emails.

As an assistant ward clerk, there's no way for me to adjust this information for other people (when they give me permission).
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Beta Directory: Editing Permissions Missing

Post by scgallafent »

• Find your household in the list and click on it
  • Click the pencil icon at the bottom right of the panel
  • Click the Privacy icon at the top right of the panel
  • Edit and save
mevans

Post by mevans »

scgallafent wrote:
  • Find your household in the list and click on it
  • Click the pencil icon at the bottom right of the panel
  • Click the Privacy icon at the top right of the panel
  • Edit and save
Thanks. I see how to do it now for my household.

Will clerks still be able to edit the information for other households, or is that going way (specifically, I'm an assistant ward clerk)? Getting others to update their own information is often times a chore. As much as I want to teach people to fish, when they're not the ones who are hungry, they have little incentive to update their preferences.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mevans wrote:Will clerks still be able to edit the information for other households, or is that going way (specifically, I'm an assistant ward clerk)?
If I remember correctly, the plan is for that to move into another application, which probably means LCR. You can also adjust privacy for them using LDS Tools.
mevans

Post by mevans »

One thing to consider is that you already have the permissions user interface built in to the new directory/maps application. People can do it for their household (thanks for showing me how). Unless there are additional features to come be integrating this with LCR (like reporting on who has restricted permissions), it might be much easier to add calling-based permissions for bishopric, clerk, assistant clerk, and membership clerk to be able to edit the settings for all families, on the directory/maps app. It's already partly there for us to identify household locations. It might not be that much more work to enable the other panels for those callings.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

As assistant Clerk and Web Administrator, I often add or change photos for members. I hope this is added before this goes from beta to the mainstream.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:As assistant Clerk and Web Administrator, I often add or change photos for members. I hope this is added before this goes from beta to the mainstream.
As an assistant clerk you should be able to add and manage all photos in LCR already. So managing them in the directory shouldn't be necessary anymore.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Wow! I am so old that I didn't think I could learn anything new! I have been using the Directory for for photos for so many years the I never realized that I can do it in LCR!
THANK YOU! This makes the new Beta Directory nearly perfect... A great update!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:As assistant Clerk and Web Administrator, I often add or change photos for members. I hope this is added before this goes from beta to the mainstream.
Unless the "Ward Website Administrator" is granted rights to LCR, then that means that position will be become nothing more than another name for "Ward Calendar Administrator".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

As zaneclark pointed out on another thread, now that the beta directory is live, we don't have a way as clerks to adjust the privacy settings of members. Do we know if this is coming?

scgallafent had recommended in another response of using LDS Tools for this purpose until something else is figured out. I'll have to try that out and see how it works.

I also see a member who is marked as having private information, but when I look at his profile, there is nothing in orange, so I don't know what the system thinks is private.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”