Temple recommend and bag stolen - what do i do?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
gud4u33

Temple recommend and bag stolen - what do i do?

Post by gud4u33 »

I went to a singles activity last night. Parked at stake center, cameout and all of my temple gear was gone; including my own and a friends temple recommends. Bishop was told, but he doesn't know how to address this. I worry because this isnt the first time my car is broken into at stake center. Also, if someone tries to use my temple recommend, unworthily, can they? How do i prevent this? I do have a picture of my card number, barcode. Is there a way to cancel or delete this card?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Temple recommend and bag stolen - what do i do?

Post by rmrichesjr »

The second-to-last question in this page may be helpful with that question: https://www.lds.org/help/support/temple ... lang=eng#d If you left-click on the question, the answer should become visible.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rmrichesjr wrote:The second-to-last question in this page may be helpful with that question: https://www.lds.org/help/support/temple ... lang=eng#d If you left-click on the question, the answer should become visible.
That page isn't available except to certain callings.
A stake clerk (maybe a ward clerk as well?) can mark the recommends as lost or stolen in Leader and Clerk Resources, which will deactivate them.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I am a ward clerk and I do have the option to mark a recommend "lost or stolen" but have not tested it fully (because I have not had a need to mark one lost or stolen).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The ward clerk or bishopric should be able to mark the recommend status as lost or stolen. That will cancel the recommend. In the past, the bishopric was supposed to notify the stake and they would change the status.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”