Printing Melchizedek Priesthood Certificates

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
akrusinger

Printing Melchizedek Priesthood Certificates

Post by akrusinger »

Just recently, when trying to print a certificate, the image is not full page. When printed, it is not full page, but is smaller and pushed up and in, leaving huge margins at the bottom and sides. I can;t accept this. It is the same with other printers and other paper. Have you experienced this? Is there a fix?
Alan Krusinger, Seneca Maryland Stake Clerk
eblood66

Re: Printing Melchizedek Priesthood Certificates

Post by eblood66 »

Does it show that way in the PDF on the screen or just when it prints? If the later, then it's something in your print settings either in your PDF viewer or for the printer. Not knowing what PDF viewer you're using or what printer(s) it's hard to say exactly what to look for. But I'd look for setting involving page size or zoom in the dialogs that show up after you see the certificate on the screen.
akrusinger

Post by akrusinger »

I said, the image is smaller before printing. If I enlarge the image, it still prints the same way. It is not a printer problem.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I just tried printing some certificates myself and I see the problem as well. It looks like it's happening for all types of certificates. They just released a new version of LCR (https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=33467) and it looks like they did make PDF changes so this was probably an unintentional mistake. You can submit feedback using the link on each page of LCR or using Help > Contact Us in LCR.

If you open the PDF in the Acrobat reader you can get it to print acceptably but it's a bit tricky. You have to first adjust the zoom, window size and scrollbars so you can just see the certificate portion with appropriate margins. Then you can print and select More Options > Current View and also Fit to Size. This will print just the portion you can see on the screen on the entire printed page.

Hopefully they will fix it quickly but I wouldn't expect anything until next week.
kbashby

Post by kbashby »

I'm seeing the same thing. This is probably a Church-wide problem. Hope they get it fixed soon.
lhyde01

Post by lhyde01 »

Happening in my neck of the woods also. What happened to quality control???
jswhite

Post by jswhite »

Same problem out here in Iowa.
craley

Post by craley »

I noticed the same thing. The left, right, and bottom margins are about an inch and a half, while the top margin is about a quarter inch. I am not able to edit it as this happens on the https://lcr.lds.org/records/ordinances/ ... cate-print? page. It has nothing to do with the printer settings. Any word on a fix for this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craley wrote:Any word on a fix for this?
Those who will be able to fix it are aware of the problem. I suspect it will pop right near the top of their list of things to do when they show up to work on Monday morning.
FiferED

Post by FiferED »

This thread is reassuring. I found the same problem Friday evening when I went to print a boatload of Aaronic Priesthood ordination certificates that I was hoping to have signed and distributed today. I was afraid it was just me, or that some local setting had gotten out of whack. I submitted a trouble ticket to the Global Service Center. Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”