Missing member name on Annual Tithing Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Re: Missing member name on Annual Tithing Report

Post by davesudweeks »

scgallafent wrote:Your ward clerk can generate a tax statement for a deceased member using Leader and Clerk Resources or he can contact the Global Service Center for assistance.
I believe this assumes the deceased member was a member of your ward when they died. If they were not, I think you will need to contact the clerk of the ward who had the membership record when the member died.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I am a ward clerk, and I recently generated an official tax statement for a member of my ward who died a few months ago. I only needed to enter his surname, and pick his name from a list. I did not need his MRN.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

davesudweeks wrote:
scgallafent wrote:Your ward clerk can generate a tax statement for a deceased member using Leader and Clerk Resources or he can contact the Global Service Center for assistance.
I believe this assumes the deceased member was a member of your ward when they died. If they were not, I think you will need to contact the clerk of the ward who had the membership record when the member died.
Correct. In this case, that situation applies. (That is based on knowing the private information was that was deleted from the original message.)
richardcb

Post by richardcb »

As ward clerk I have been asked for a end of year tithing settlement statement, by the husband of a deceased spouse , I have been unable to print the statement for the husband. how do I get the information asked for ?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

richardcb wrote:As ward clerk I have been asked for a end of year tithing settlement statement, by the husband of a deceased spouse , I have been unable to print the statement for the husband. how do I get the information asked for ?
  • Go to Leader and Clerk Resources
  • Click on Finance on the menu
  • Click on Tithing Settlement on the menu
  • Click on the Year End Statement tab
  • Click the Generate New Statement button
  • Select the member
  • Click the Generate Statement button

Return to “Local Unit Finance”