Missing notes

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Missing notes

Post by sbradshaw »

ebyers wrote:I have not been able to re-associate all of notes yet but close. On lds.org there was a way to see items not associated with a notebook. I can't seem to find that option anymore. Does anyone know how to do that?
If you go to https://www.lds.org/study, you can see "Notes" after the General Conference section, similar to the mobile app (or, as a shortcut, you can go directly to Notes.LDS.org). The third tab in the left panel is where you can see your list of notebooks.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ebyers

Post by ebyers »

Time to update this. I finished re-associating all of my note topics with my scripture markings and things seemed to be OK for a few weeks. Yesterday, I noticed that my tablet was not syncing everything from LDS.org and some note topics were showing zero content. I tried to force a sync but it didn't change. Ultimately I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Once I signed in everything from LDS.org pulled over and I was rather pleased. However, after about 15 minutes of working on my notes and linking some scriptures, I noticed that my notebook was showing zero content for virtually all of my notes again except for some I had just completed. I didn't get back to it until I got onto my desktop computer this morning to do some studying and lo and behold, all of my notes on LDS.org now show zero contents. All I can figure is that my tablet has disconnected all of the notes from the notebook topics and then synced that mess to LDS.org and wiped out all my work - again. This is a nightmare. Tablet is a Samsung Tab A 10.1 running Oreo (8.1.0) so the OS is more than sufficient to handle the most recent versions of the app. I'm waiting to hear back from support at this point, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel on using the online notes and the app. I can't afford the time to keep re-connecting my notes with the notebook topics.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

marciamarshall wrote:I am also very frustrated that my scripture notes from lds.org and Gospel LIbrary mobile app and Gospel Lib desktop app aren't syncing and showing with each other. Any suggestions much appreciated.
Are you signed into the same LDS Account in both places? Is it a note attached to a highlight that's missing in one place or the other, or a different kind of annotation?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”