New Wireless mics are 2.4 Ghz

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
kreeve

2.4 GHZ wireless mic interference?

Post by kreeve »

Has anyone experience wireless mic interference with the new 2.4 GHz Digital Audio-Technica wireless mics?

I had one mic (1 of 4 in action) experience some sort of interference where audio had issues for 20 - 30 seconds then cleared up. Only one of the 4, and nothing changed. All 4 people were sitting still on stools on the stand in a training session Q&A with 4 visiting authorities.

Receivers 20' away, good line of site, and batteries all good. Pair light stayed solid green.

Not sure if this is telling of things to come or what.

Kevin
jeremywillden

Re: New Wireless mics are 2.4 Ghz

Post by jeremywillden »

We did an event with a visiting authority where they requested 10 or 12 mics. We turned off all Wifi in the building and located the receivers centrally. The mics are slower to connect than the older ones, but that arrangement worked pretty well. More recently, however, I set up a single mic for a stake training event in the cultural hall and the mic stopped working for no apparent reason halfway through the event. I wasn't there at that moment, so they switched to a wired mic. I'm still concerned about the performance of the 2.4 GHz units and the definitely have significantly less range (especially through walls) than the older ones.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”