Cannot access Donations menu (including Donor Statements) in lds.org-Solved

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
ulupoi

Cannot access Donations menu (including Donor Statements) in lds.org-Solved

Post by ulupoi »

Summary: Could not access Donations menu (including Donor Statements) in lds.org when using the Google Chrome browser. Erasing all lds.org cookies solved the problem.

Details: On the Donations page, the Donations menu (the one with Donation History, Donor Statements, Settings, Help, and Messages) was missing when using Google Chrome (in a Windows 10 environment) in normal mode but present when using Google Chrome in incognito mode. Erasing all cookies from lds.org fixed the issue. Extensions were not the issue.

To erase lds.org cookies in Chrome, click on the Customize and control icon in the top-right corner of the screen (looks like three dots arranged vertically), then go to Settings > Advanced > Content settings > Cookies > See all cookies and site data. Now, go down the list, and when you see any cookie related to lds.org, click on it to select it and then click on the trash-can icon to its right to delete it.

I posted this answer to another thread, but I'm reposting it here with a subject line that might make it easier to find.
justincy

Re: Cannot access Donations menu (including Donor Statements) in lds.org-Solved

Post by justincy »

Thanks! Solved my problem.
madelynsuzanhicken

Re: Cannot access Donations menu (including Donor Statements) in lds.org-Solved

Post by madelynsuzanhicken »

Clearing cookies also solved the same problem in Safari 12.0.2 on MacOS 10.14.2

To do so, open Preferences (cmd+,), Privacy tab, "Manage Website Data" button, search for "lds.org", select it, and click "remove".
The bar is also present in Private Browsing Mode in Safari, for an easier but temporary fix.

Return to “Online Donations”