Tax statement for 2018

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
zaneclark

Tax statement for 2018

Post by zaneclark »

I'm not seeing the 2018 tax statement on my history. Anyone see theirs? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in this.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Tax statement for 2018

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in this.
You are not alone. In fact, you are in very good company. But as it is for the rest of us, the suggested IRS deadline is January 31st.

Several other major corporations also owe me statements by the end of this month before I will be able to file my 2018 tax return. If the Church tax statement becomes the last one for which I am waiting, I know where the flares are to send up the signal.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. I went to donations to see what I had and I can't see tax statements for any year. It's like the page as been re-designed and somethings are missing - Including the link to "help".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Tax valid statements are valid for one year but can be regenerated at any time for the past ten years. You can also delete them at any time before they expire. I just confirmed all of mine are available back to 2008. But to view any of them I must generate them. And yes, 2018 is not yet available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Tax valid statements are valid for one year but can be regenerated at any time for the past ten years.
I see no place to do that.

When I go to the page, I get the tithing slip and "Recent Donations" to the right of the slip. (I remember it as being on the left with additional options below.) My only option (other than filling out a slip) is to click on "View All" under "Rec end Donations". There, I can see older donations and that's it. No matter what I click on, I can't see "help" or any tax related information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Interesting. I went to donations to see what I had and I can't see tax statements for any year.
Statements are available from 2017 back to 2008. I suspect that in a few days they will be available from 2018 to 2009.

Donor Statements > Official Tax Statement > [select the year in the drop down box -- 2017 is the current default]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:When I go to the page,
It sounds as if you are missing the left column because your page is not loading properly. At the risk of sounding snarky, I would suggest you try another browser, or clear your cache, or something similar. It is working for me in Firefox.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I switched to a different "user" in Chrome and now it looks normal. I was missing the entire left column that starts with "Donations". So, there wasn't any "Donor Statements" for me to click on. I tried a Ctrl-F5. That didn't fix it.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Perhaps the system is overloaded because everyone is looking for their tax statement so they can file their returns. [grin]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Perhaps the system is overloaded because everyone is looking for their tax statement so they can file their returns. [grin]
Too consistent. Seems more like a poisoned cookie or something. The browser user that has trouble is my "daily use" and probably has an assortment of flotsam and jetsam in it's cache. The one that worked is one that rarely goes to the lds site, so it would have to download the current stuff.

Return to “Online Donations”