Error in LCR Income and Expense Details Report?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rscroggin

Error in LCR Income and Expense Details Report?

Post by rscroggin »

Yesterday, I was reviewing the previous year's fast offering income using the Income and Expense Details report in LCR. I noticed that two donations from Dec 30 and Dec 31 of 2017 where included in that report (attachment 1). I then ran the Donation Batch Summary report on LCR and selected the previous year's fast offering donations. Those two 2017 donations did not appear in this report (attachment 2). I'm wondering why the first report included data from 2017 in 2018's report. It would seem like the second report, which excludes the 2017 data, is the accurate one. Any ideas? Thanks.
Attachments
Inc and Exp Dtls.jpg
Snippet of Income and Expense Details report
(35.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Don Bat Summ.jpg
Snippet of Donation Batch Summary report
(33.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eblood66

Re: Error in LCR Income and Expense Details Report?

Post by eblood66 »

I can see similar cases in our ward. One of them happens to be one of my own donations. I'm guessing that the Income and Expense report is filtering based on the date the donation was recorded and the Donation Batch Summary is filtering on the submission date. The recorded date doesn't show up in LCR but I know from my own donation that it was recorded on Jan 2nd even though I submitted it on Dec. 31st.

Whether this was by design or an oversight, I don't know. You can submit feedback in LCR although you may not get an answer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Keep in mind that some donation batches processed in early 2018 might actually be part of the 2017 tax year. (Those donations received prior to or post marked in the old year.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

Yes. I thought about that. When I looked at the year-end statement for the person who submitted one of those donations in question, the 2017 donation was correctly posted to his 2017 year-end statement. With reference to the reports in my previous email, then, is it correct to say that the detail information on the Income and Expense Details report shows donations based on the date the Church posted them to the Church's account, but the detail information on the Donation Batch Summary report shows donations based on the date the individual submitted the donation? Thanks, again.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rscroggin wrote:is it correct to say that the detail information on the Income and Expense Details report shows donations based on the date the Church posted them to the Church's account, but the detail information on the Donation Batch Summary report shows donations based on the date the individual submitted the donation?
That's my guess but unless one of the developers stops by and notices the thread, we can't know for certain.

Return to “Reports and Forms”