Sync issues

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mary7488

Sync issues

Post by mary7488 »

I have continually tried to sync my LDS tools app on both my phone and my iPad. Each time it makes it around the "sync circle" and then continues to sync but never finishes. I left my phone alone for a half hour and it still would not finish the sync process. I need it available on my iPad or phone for my calling. It will not allow me to sign in without syncing my phone or iPad first.
How can I fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sync issues

Post by russellhltn »

You have to upgrade to LDS Tools 3.5. But to do that, you have to be on iOS 10 or 11.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wickhamah

Post by wickhamah »

Same problem.

I've been trying to sync for a few weeks now. It gets about 95% done and just hangs. I finally got to 100% last night, then let it go all night. No dice.

iPhone7

LDS Tools version 3.5.1

iOS version 11.2.6
wickhamah

Post by wickhamah »

Reinstalled 3.5.1.

Working now.
geysser

Post by geysser »

russellhltn wrote:You have to upgrade to LDS Tools 3.5. But to do that, you have to be on iOS 10 or 11.
i have many other apps on my ipad that still run..........LDS Tools is the only one that doesn't work on my ipad because it can't be upgraded to ios 10. very frustrating!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

geysser wrote:i have many other apps on my ipad that still run..........LDS Tools is the only one that doesn't work on my ipad because it can't be upgraded to ios 10. very frustrating!
As you may have seen in other posts, this is because of a security issue where membership data can no longer be protected in earlier versions of iOS.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

wickhamah wrote:Same problem.

I've been trying to sync for a few weeks now. It gets about 95% done and just hangs. I finally got to 100% last night, then let it go all night. No dice.

iPhone7

LDS Tools version 3.5.1

iOS version 11.2.6
Your version of iOS and LDS Tools should be able to work correctly. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? You might also try updating your device to iOS 12.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

christeg wrote:Same issue. Older iPad, software up to date (most compatible version is something like 9.3.?? So when I download lds tools it gives me the option of downloading an older version and I did, but it will not sync.
The latest version of LDS Tools is needed to be able to sync, but it only runs on iOS 10 or later. So it won't work on your device, unfortunately, even though you were able to install an older version of the app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
zachsusan

Members Tools App not syncing

Post by zachsusan »

I have an iPad with IOS 10.3.3 and I am not able to use my members tools app for the past two weeks because it "needs to sync" when I sync I get a pop up window saying that "lds.orgis down for maintenance " and that it's unable to sync. I've made sure my iPad IOS is updated and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app- nothing seems to work
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Member Tools is not supported on iOS versions before 11.0. See the No Support for iOS 10 or before thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”