LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Nickylingo

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by Nickylingo »

LDS Tools is a great app, and is very helpful when trying to find out the phone number of a ward member or their email, as well as seeing the current callings. I have two suggestions for the app. The first is that there should be a bulletin feature that allows each ward to put up announcements on it like upcoming events as well as whom has been recently sustained and released. The second suggestion is adding support for Apple Watch OS. It would be great to quickly find a number or email, or browse the current callings through the watch for those times that you are unable to access your phone.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Nickylingo wrote:I have two suggestions for the app.
Thank you for the suggestions. The forum is primarily user-to-user support. We can discuss the merits of your suggestions, but that is about it. The official channel for submitting your suggestions is to use the in-app Contact Us link found in the Help menu. That is the best way to get input to those who can consider your proposals.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dallasadamgolden

Post by dallasadamgolden »

My wife and I were discussing the challenges of sharing ward information. I was thinking it would be awesome if the Tools app could have a messenger feature for sharing announcements, service requests, and such. Maybe that would be a entirely separate app, but it would be nice to have it built in somewhere, so those of us who are done with Facebook don't have to return there for information.

Thanks for considering it.
rgand09

Feature Request: Youth Dance Permissions

Post by rgand09 »

I am wondering if a feature could be added to LDS Tools for youth dance permissions.

Right now our stake is using a dance card app to allow youth into dances, but not all youth have their own phones, especially now that 13 year olds are allowed in. In addition, some youth have older hand-me-down phones that don't work as well with the dance card app.

Instead of requiring each young man or woman to bring a phone to a dance (which could potentially get lost or stolen), there could be a phone or tablet at the dance entrance for chaperones to look up the dance card status of the youth as they enter. If a youth does still want to bring their phone, they could just show their dance status at the door using LDS tools.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Feature Request: Youth Dance Permissions

Post by russellhltn »

rgand09 wrote:dance permissions
I took a quick look and was unable to find anything in the Handbook about a "Dance Card". While I think it's fairly common, if it's not part of the Handbook, I tend to doubt if that functionality would be added.

Please note that while the forum can be a good place to discuss ideas, it really doesn't get in front of the decision makers. You'd need to either submit that via feedback in the app, or ask the stake president to take up the issue with his presiding authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

Nickylingo wrote:LDS Tools is a great app...there should be a bulletin feature that allows each ward to put up announcements on it like upcoming events as well as whom has been recently sustained and released.
Yes please! Please add the Ward Bulletin Feature to the LDS Tools app!
nmahler2

Post by nmahler2 »

Enjoying the LDS tools app but it would be nice if there were some form of a Do Not Contact Option. Whether it is just a box we check on their page or something like that. Having been in a few hostile situations myself it can be dangerous. Some way to record this information would be great so other ward members don't have to keep contacting them I know we can't remove them but any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

nmahler2 wrote:Enjoying the LDS tools app but it would be nice if there were some form of a Do Not Contact Option. Whether it is just a box we check on their page or something like that. Having been in a few hostile situations myself it can be dangerous. Some way to record this information would be great so other ward members don't have to keep contacting them I know we can't remove them but any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!
Members have the option to mark their information "private - leadership only" which will hide them from everyone but the ward/branch/stake leaders. As ward clerk, my bishop had me mark a few families in our ward who were hostile to the church (or had a non-member spouse who was hostile to the church and that was causing problems for the member) as "private - leadership only. This is not a perfect solution, but can help prevent the general ward/branch membership from contacting someone who will be hostile towards them. In a perfect world, these members would request name removal and bishops/stake presidents would always honor such requests when received. We don't live in a perfect world.
DevinParry

Post by DevinParry »

Thank you for the incredibly useful work done on LDS Tools! It has made the work more focused on people instead of administration. Two things that I think would be a bit of game changers for this app.
1. Ability to create lists based on callings like in the lds.org calendar you add editors to a calendar by calling and it will switch who can edit when someone is released. So I
would make a list based on callings and it would stay up to date with whomever was in those callings.
2. Be able to create and edit calendar events.

Thanks again,

Devin
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DevinParry wrote:Two things that I think would be a bit of game changers for this app.
Please be sure to submit your excellent suggestions through feedback in the app. This is a user-to-user forum and the developers do not always frequent these discussions. Sending suggestions through feedback will always get to the developers.

Return to “Member Tools”