Report Recently Ordained to Melchizedek Priesthood

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bluefish

Report Recently Ordained to Melchizedek Priesthood

Post by bluefish »

Is there a way to get a report of individuals recently ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood within LCR? I'm not finding a membership listing or report that includes ordination date and filter abilities. I'm asking as I would like to be sure we ratify recently ordained individuals properly at our upcoming Stake Conference.

If needed, I can generate the list within MLS still, right? It would be much better if I can do within LCR, of course. :-)
Shawn - Stake Clerk
eblood66

Re: Report Recently Ordained to Melchizedek Priesthood

Post by eblood66 »

I'm not aware of any way of doing that in LCR. In MLS you'll need to use a custom report I think. Custom reports will be coming to LCR but based on what we've been told they will be one of the last things done.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I was stake clerk, I maintained a folder in the filing cabinet of all recent MP ordinations. I included the printed sustaining/ratification lists for the past 12 months, as well as the completed MP ordination records and a copy of the ordination certificates. I always kept a copy of the MP ordination records that were given to high councilors and stake presidency members, so I could follow up on them. Using this method, creating a new sustaining/ratification list for stake conferences and stake general priesthood meetings was trivial. The stake executive secretary also maintained a tracking log of all pending stake callings and MP ordinations, which showed who received each assignment and when.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
justin.scott

Post by justin.scott »

Is there specific wording to use when ratifying in Stake Conference? I know the Handbook has specific wording when sustaining a calling.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

As far as I am aware, there is no specific wording in the Handbook for proposing that an ordination of someone be ratified.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My current stake clerk asked me this same question last night. I told him to create a custom report. But I wonder if the stake president can see a list of all the MP ordinations that were submitted to him from the wards and branches on LCR? When the ward clerk or bishop submits a candidate for MP ordination to the stake president, I don't believe he can see a list of submissions, but I wonder what the stake president sees?

Edit: LCR shows the ward clerk and bishop a list of Pending Melchizedek Priesthood Ordinations. Once the ordination has been completed, there is no historical list available at the ward level. Wouldn't it be nice if such an historical list were available to the stake president and stake clerk?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The stake clerk could create a custom report where ordination date is after a given date and priesthood office is elder or high priest.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:The stake clerk could create a custom report where ordination date is after a given date and priesthood office is elder or high priest.
However, I'd think it would be subject to the limitation that the member still reside in that stake. That would leave out a newly ordained Elder that is now in the military or attending school somewhere else.

(Or am I missing the "root" report that's the source of the custom report?)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:However, I'd think it would be subject to the limitation that the member still reside in that stake. That would leave out a newly ordained Elder that is now attending school somewhere else.
It would be subject to that limitation.

There are two stake clerks involved with the LCR team, so this is a process they have to deal with personally and I don't recall having ever had a discussion where they wished they had such a feature. Adding it would require some discussions with data privacy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:There are two stake clerks involved with the LCR team, so this is a process they have to deal with personally and I don't recall having ever had a discussion where they wished they had such a feature.
They may be better organized than your average stake clerk. <grin>

My impression is that this is a "sanity check" feature to make sure nothing slipped though the stake processes. I'm sure different stakes vary in their faithfulness to a working process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”