Sending email to members from leaders

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jacindacherieprattley

Re: Sending email to members from leaders

Post by jacindacherieprattley »

Where do I find this Send a Message feature?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Leader and Clerk Resources > Applications > Send a Message
dperis

Post by dperis »

Is there a way to send an email to multiple recipients (e.g., all EQ members) from within the LDS Tools app? Or is the only way via web (i.e., LCR)?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Yes. Select the Elders Quorum and then the All Members tab. In the upper right are four icon links. The left one is for sending text messages and the one to its right is for sending emails. You then either select individuals or select all.

I am using the android app for these instructions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
CorbyC

Post by CorbyC »

Anyone like me finding this later, the way to do it now is Leader and Clerk Resources -> Applications tab -> Send a message
mattrussell

Post by mattrussell »

Is there a way to have the "out-of-unit" members be included automatically in the ward groups? When I select LCR>Applications>Send A Message> and I pull up the YM Parents list, the out-of-unit parent doesn't show even though both YM and Parent are in out-of-unit status in the ward directory. I also tried the YM bulk list and out-of-unit young man doesn't appear there. Any fixes to this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mattrussell wrote:Is there a way to have the "out-of-unit" members be included automatically in the ward groups? When I select LCR>Applications>Send A Message> and I pull up the YM Parents list, the out-of-unit parent doesn't show even though both YM and Parent are in out-of-unit status in the ward directory. I also tried the YM bulk list and out-of-unit young man doesn't appear there. Any fixes to this?
There are no fixes for this. The Send a Message function in LCR only uses the member record contact information for assigned members. The only work-around I know of is to send a separate message using your personal email client to the out-of-unit members.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”