Creating a ministering trio

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jacobmuldowney

Creating a ministering trio

Post by jacobmuldowney »

I seem to be unable to create a ministering trio comprised of a husband, wife, and their child. Is there any way to make that happen?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Creating a ministering trio

Post by lajackson »

I do not believe the system allows more than two in a companionship.
jacobmuldowney

Post by jacobmuldowney »

You can add up to three members to a companionship, provided they are all the same gender. If a husband and wife are companions, however, you cannot add a third member to the companionship. I understand that the system probably works this way because, in most cases, it would be inappropriate for members of the opposite sex to be companions if they aren't married to each other, and no matter how you cut it, adding a third member to a husband & wife companionship would make that happen. However, in the case that the third member of the companionship were a child of the married couple, it hardly seems like that would be altogether inappropriate. I'm just wondering if there's some sort of workaround so that parents and one of their children could be assigned as a companionship.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The system does allow 3 in a companionship (although not more than 3) but it appears that when you have a husband and wife it doesn't allow a third and when you already have two men or two women it won't allow a spouse to be added.

Although a couple and a child does may some sense as a companionship, the FAQ on ministering only mentions the exception of having a married couple be assigned for ministering and the system looks like it conforms to that.
lcoope

Post by lcoope »

We ran in to that same problem. A Elder Husband with his son who is a Priest along with the wife are assigned to minister to a family. They adapt their activity to RS or EQ needs of the family. The system won't allow two separate assignments to be entered either. Like Father and the son as one ministering entry to the family with another listing husband and wife as a ministering entry to the family. We ended up tracking it in an Excel document.
elarsen4

Post by elarsen4 »

The Elders Quorum Pres is running into this situation of making a trio with Ministering (Husband/Wife/Son)... it doesn't seem there was a work around in 2019, has anything new allowed a trio to happen since then?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”