Luke 1 has disappeared

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Rudyrono

Luke 1 has disappeared

Post by Rudyrono »

I was making notes in Luke 1 and without warning the text disappeared. I signed out of my account and it reappeared. When I signed back in it vanished again. I went to my phone app and I'm able to see Luke 1 with my notes but no matter what I do, like using the side arrows to go from chapter to chapter, I can't get the text for Luke 1 to appear. I also cannot toggle out of the "new experience" in Luke 1. Has anyone else experienced "disappearing scriptures?"
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Luke 1 has disappeared

Post by sbradshaw »

That's an interesting bug. I'd recommend sending feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of Study.LDS.org. Because it appears when you're signed out, but disappears when you're signed in, I'm guessing it's hiccuping on some sort of annotation on the page.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Rudyrono

Post by Rudyrono »

Thank you for the suggestion. I will do that.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm curious which computer and web browser you were using?
When you are in Luke 1, does the "New Experience" toggle appear near the top of the page? If so, turn off the New Experience and see if Luke 1 appears.

What you describe sounds similar to the problems I used to encounter with the New Experience, but it seems the church fixed something in mid-December and I've been able to use the New Experience since then without problems.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Maybe I'm encountering the same problem as you. You mentioned you were making notes. I can't reproduce this, but I think I ran into the same problem. (See New Experience Highlighting Causes Page to Not Render).

Try switching to the Old Experience, deleting your highlights there, then switching to back to the New Experience. Does Luke 1 now reappear?
connie3369

Post by connie3369 »

I have same problem and New Experience will not allow me to toggle. What's up with this?
mevans

Post by mevans »

connie3369 wrote:I have same problem and New Experience will not allow me to toggle. What's up with this?
Meaning that you are using the New Experience and you can't turn it off? Or that the toggle to turn it off is missing?

If the whole page is blank (and therefore, the toggle is missing), try going to a different page, such as a general conference talk, or try the landing page for the Gospel Library online (https://www.lds.org/study/scriptures?lang=eng). See if the toggle exists on the different page, where you can turn it off, then go back and see if your missing page appears in the Old Experience.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”