Gospel Library 5.1.0 for iOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Gospel Library 5.1.0 for iOS

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.1.0 for iOS has been released and is available on the iOS App Store. Here are some of the changes:

NEW:
• Added study plans feature, allowing users to track the completion of their study.
• Changed access to full screen mode while reading to be a double tap (previously single tap).
• Improved progress indicator when downloading audio for a book or chapter.
• Added a button to access History more easily when creating a link.
• Added the ability to share all of the notes under a tag.

FIXED:
• Bug where general conference talks displayed out of order.
• Bug where audio player didn't auto-advance in some situations.
• Bug where swiping from the left edge of the screen didn't always navigate.
• Bug where bookmarks to uninstalled books didn't navigate correctly.
• Bug where tags didn't sort by most recent correctly.

Gospel Library 5.1.0 for Android will be entering beta shortly, and will also include the study plans feature.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bsebesta

Re: Gospel Library 5.1.0 for iOS

Post by bsebesta »

The study tool feature is TERRIFIC. And just in time for the Come, Follow Me curriculum! Thanks a ton for this. I've only used it for a day, but so far, so good!
austindwright

Post by austindwright »

I can’t seem to find any information on how to use the new study plans feature. I saw a screenshot of it in the pop-up notification that displayed after the app update, but there were no further instructions provided, and I don’t see any obvious means of accessing/using it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

austindwright wrote:I can’t seem to find any information on how to use the new study plans feature. I saw a screenshot of it in the pop-up notification that displayed after the app update, but there were no further instructions provided, and I don’t see any obvious means of accessing/using it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you!
On the main library screen, there's a new section called "Study Plans," between "Notes" and "Music." If you open the Study Plans section, you'll see a button to create a study plan. A wizard will guide you through the steps of creating the plan. Hopefully there will be more documentation around study plans soon.
kelssoel

Post by kelssoel »

I love the addition of the Study Plan feature, but unfortunately the "Reminders" don't work for me. I've made sure that all my notifications are turned on and set correctly, as well as restarted my phone and deleted and re-downloaded the app. Is anyone else having the same issue with Study Plan Reminders not working?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kelssoel wrote:I love the addition of the Study Plan feature, but unfortunately the "Reminders" don't work for me. I've made sure that all my notifications are turned on and set correctly, as well as restarted my phone and deleted and re-downloaded the app. Is anyone else having the same issue with Study Plan Reminders not working?
There have been some issues with study plans and their reminders not syncing consistently, the past few days. Are you failing to get reminders on the same device you created the plan on, or is it on a new device or installation of the app that you synced to, that reminders don't appear?
kelssoel

Post by kelssoel »

It's the same device and I haven't had one notification come through at all.
bsebesta

Post by bsebesta »

I'm also not getting any reminders. They're not showing up at all–either as alerts, as badges, or as banners. And they don't show up whether I have the app open or closed. (It's on the same app, same device that I use regularly: my one iPhone.)

Also, another issue: I did a "recalculate" on the latest General Conference, and it duplicated every item, so that every talk appeared as two separate days, i.e. "Opening Remarks by President Nelson," Opening Remarks by President Nelson," "Deep and Lasting Conversion... by Elder Cook," "Deep and Lasting Conversion... by Elder Cook," etc. I had to delete it and start over.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Interesting – it sounds like there are a couple of bugs to try and figure out.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

austindwright wrote:I can’t seem to find any information on how to use the new study plans feature. I saw a screenshot of it in the pop-up notification that displayed after the app update, but there were no further instructions provided, and I don’t see any obvious means of accessing/using it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you!
Here's a user-created video that gives an overview of how study plans work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5Cn5Ph3mI

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”