Note Covers Article

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
dfechser

Note Covers Article

Post by dfechser »

When I open a new note in Chrome it covers the article about which I was going to write the note.
I can work around this problem by opening the same article in another tab. I also assume that I can save the new (empty) note and then open the Notes page in another tab - add to or edit the note there. Both of these feel like work-arounds, a bit clunky.
How do I move the note off of the front of the article so I can see what I want to write about?
Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Note Covers Article

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend sending feedback using the link at the bottom of Study.LDS.org. I think it was designed that way, because it mimics Gospel Library for iOS and Android – but if there is sufficient feedback, it might be reconsidered. Some options for the developers/designers would be to open the note editor in a new popup browser window, or to provide a button on the note editor as it currently is, that allows the user to pop it out into its own window (similar to the pop-out button when composing an email in the Gmail web interface).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I, too, find this to be a big problem with the "New Experience." Thanks for your thought on opening another tab/window with the same article. That's a good idea. I keep going back and forth between the note window and reading the text. I hope the fix this.
dfechser

Post by dfechser »

I like your suggestion to allow a method for moving the note to it's own window. I'll submit the suggestion.
You all should submit feedback for this as well. I'm sure they see no need to change unless they get sufficient feedback.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I submitted some feedback on this, too, as part of my other post.

While feedback may help, we don't have any exposure to the decision-making process on what they decide to do with the church tools. We can always pray :)

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”