LCR 4.4.10 release notes

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LCR 4.4.10 release notes

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote:Would be great if we could log the date of a ward recommend interview so the stake could determine how much time has lapsed and so the executive Secretary an keep track.
I have two thoughts about this.

A member of the stake presidency should be able to tell from the issue date of the recommend if the member has waited any significant length of time to schedule their second interview.

And the stake does not even know a recommend has been issued until the member calls for an appointment.

So I am not quite sure I understand what you are trying to measure here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:And the stake does not even know a recommend has been issued until the member calls for an appointment.
I suspect that's what he's wanting to change - give the Executive Secretary some tools to manage the flow of interviews to cut down those "last minute" gotta-gotta interviews.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Yes

I'd like to have a way to check and see who has had a ward interview but has not yet had a stake interview. Currently I have to keep my own spreadsheet to keep track of who needs to be reminded. We also occasionally have a stake presidency member show up at church and wants me to pull people who need stake interviews. It would be nice to have one place I can check rather than having to compare the Recommend Status Report on LCR to my own Ward fracker.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jokamura wrote:Did this update remove access to the family history report for Stake/Ward TFHC's?
I still have access to the Family History Activity Report on Leader and Clerk Resources, as a ward temple and family history consultant.

A few things to check if you can't access it:
– Make sure you're using the correct LDS Account, with your membership record number attached.
– Make sure you're going to the right page (Leader and Clerk Resources > Reports > Family History Activity Report).
– If you have multiple callings, make sure you choose the correct calling from the dropdown in the upper right, when you're on Leader and Clerk Resources.
– Are you a "lead" consultant, an "indexing" consultant, or a regular consultant? Are you still recorded in your calling (if you check on the LDS.org Directory, for example)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

I currently serve as a Stake TFHC-Indexing and as the Ward TFHC-Indexing. I just get the access denied error message whenever I try to get to LCR. It worked before, but I'll check with the stake and ward clerks to make sure it's still entered in correctly and all that good stuff. Thanks!
sbradshaw wrote:
jokamura wrote:Did this update remove access to the family history report for Stake/Ward TFHC's?
I still have access to the Family History Activity Report on Leader and Clerk Resources, as a ward temple and family history consultant.

A few things to check if you can't access it:
– Make sure you're using the correct LDS Account, with your membership record number attached.
– Make sure you're going to the right page (Leader and Clerk Resources > Reports > Family History Activity Report).
– If you have multiple callings, make sure you choose the correct calling from the dropdown in the upper right, when you're on Leader and Clerk Resources.
– Are you a "lead" consultant, an "indexing" consultant, or a regular consultant? Are you still recorded in your calling (if you check on the LDS.org Directory, for example)?
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
djfarstead

Post by djfarstead »

Based on the Oct 6th letter from SLC titled "Responsibilities of Elders Quorum and Relief Society Presidencies in Member Missionary and Temple and Family History Work", it was believed by many that there would be a new calling called "Ward Temple and Family History Leader". And this update mentions the fact that this calling was added to the "Officers Sustained" form. However, it was the "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" that was added to this report. Are we to assume then, that the old "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" calling is the same as the new "Ward Temple and Family History Leader" calling? The new "Ward Temple and Family History Leader" is only supposed to be held by a Melchizedek Priesthood holder, and the "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" can be held by anyone. However, you can currently assign anyone to the old "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" calling in the system, so I'm not certain that they are the same.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

djfarstead wrote:Based on the Oct 6th letter from SLC titled "Responsibilities of Elders Quorum and Relief Society Presidencies in Member Missionary and Temple and Family History Work", it was believed by many that there would be a new calling called "Ward Temple and Family History Leader". And this update mentions the fact that this calling was added to the "Officers Sustained" form. However, it was the "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" that was added to this report. Are we to assume then, that the old "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" calling is the same as the new "Ward Temple and Family History Leader" calling? The new "Ward Temple and Family History Leader" is only supposed to be held by a Melchizedek Priesthood holder, and the "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" can be held by anyone. However, you can currently assign anyone to the old "Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead" calling in the system, so I'm not certain that they are the same.
Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead is the same thing. I've got the information ready to make the change, but I'm waiting for final approval. Once I get that the name will change and the priesthood restriction will be added.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jonesrk wrote:Ward Temple and Family History Consultant--Lead is the same thing. I've got the information ready to make the change, but I'm waiting for final approval. Once I get that the name will change and the priesthood restriction will be added.
You behind-the-scenes folks are amazing. Thank you for all you do! And a special thank you for being patient with the rest of use who are often not as patient as we should be...
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

davesudweeks wrote: You behind-the-scenes folks are amazing. Thank you for all you do! And a special thank you for being patient with the rest of use who are often not as patient as we should be...
Thanks. Sometimes we have enough notice that we can be ready with the announcement other times we are scrambling to finish (or start) it up after the announcement and other times we're waiting for additional direction/go-ahead. It's a fun line to walk (or with President Nelson in charge - run :)).
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jonesrk wrote:other times we are scrambling to finish (or start) it up after the announcement
You missed a fun day at the office today working on Activity Days. You'll want to catch up on Monday. :)

I realize that most of you don't necessarily need to be involved in the personal banter between jonesrk and I (the two of us sit about 30 feet apart), but thought some of you might enjoy a tiny peek into the behind-the-scenes adventures that go on with changes like this.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”