Memeber not showing in LDS Tools but do show in LCR??

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
martybess

Memeber not showing in LDS Tools but do show in LCR??

Post by martybess »

QUESTION: How do I get memberships to show in the LDS Tools app to DO SHOW in the LCR? I requested the memberships in LCR and can see them there online in the LCR but they do not show in LDS Tools. What do I do, any suggestions?? :roll: :?:

BACKGROUND INFO: I have been called to serve as the branch clerk in a correctional facility here in Salt Lake City. I’m still a member of my homeward as well. I recently requested the membership records of two couples in our stake who have been called to serve in the branch but get the above problem.

Thanks,
Marty
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Memeber not showing in LDS Tools but do show in LCR??

Post by jdlessley »

Since you are seeing the members online in LCR then I suspect you have not done an LDS Tools sync.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

martybess wrote:I recently requested the membership records of two couples in our stake who have been called to serve in the branch but get the above problem.
You shouldn't request the records of members who are serving in out-of-unit callings. Their records should remain in their home wards. You should create out-of-unit records for them (using Membership > Manage Out-of-Unit Records from the menu in LCR). But either way, they should show up after you do a Sync in LDS Tools as jdlessley indicated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In addition to what's been said, depending on the member's privacy settings, they may not appear for everyone in the on-line directory or LDS Tools. As a clerk, you should be able to see them, but "rank and file" members may not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
martybess

Post by martybess »

eblood66 wrote:
martybess wrote:I recently requested the membership records of two couples in our stake who have been called to serve in the branch but get the above problem.
You shouldn't request the records of members who are serving in out-of-unit callings. Their records should remain in their home wards. You should create out-of-unit records for them (using Membership > Manage Out-of-Unit Records from the menu in LCR). But either way, they should show up after you do a Sync in LDS Tools as jdlessley indicated.
Thanks for the help! I did create an "out-of-unit" record for them and then did a sync in LDS Tools. Any other idea's?? I will verify that I've done it correctly in LCR but as the branch clerk if I've done correctly I should be able to see them in my LDS-Tools after I do the sync no matter the member's privacy settings correct??

-Marty
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't remember the details, but in the case of out-of-unit records, they may have to have a calling (and it may require a standard position, not custom) before they appear. You also might want to give it a little time in case things are slow to sync up.

Even then, they may not appear in the directory (since they aren't members of the ward), but they will appear in their calling.

P.S. - only one response is needed. Everyone sees all the posts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
martybess

Post by martybess »

russellhltn wrote: P.S. - only one response is needed. Everyone sees all the posts.
Thanks!
martybess

Post by martybess »

Thanks for the help everyone! I've got them showing in LDS Tools now. As suggested I added them as having a standard calling and that did the trick!! :D

Thanks,
Marty

Return to “Membership Help”