Can't "Create New Contact" in LDS Tools

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kenpinto

Can't "Create New Contact" in LDS Tools

Post by kenpinto »

I seem to have lost the ability to "Create New Contact" in LDS Tools when attempting to transfer contact information from LDS Tools to my iPhone. Did something change in a recent update that would affect this?
Please advise.
davidsm

Re: Can't "Create New Contact" in LDS Tools

Post by davidsm »

I just noticed the same problem. From the LDS Tools, Directory, I tap on a name, tap "Add to Contacts," the contact opens, I tap on "Create New Contact," an iPhone New Contact screen opens, BUT there is now no save button.
MattPaulk

Post by MattPaulk »

My wife and I noticed the same on our iPhone's. It seemed like that functionality existed previously, but there is no option to save anything once it pulls it up. We would appreciate any response if a solution exists, thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you will send feedback through the app, the developers will look into it, especially since a number of different folks are having this problem. But the developers do not normally see comments here at the forum, so use the app feedback.
OlorinTharkun

Post by OlorinTharkun »

I am having the same problem on my iphone as well. I'll try to send feedback thru the app. This used to work fine. I used it fairly regularly, so it's VERY frustrating that it is now suddenly broken!!! :cry: :evil:
OlorinTharkun

Post by OlorinTharkun »

Someone in another thread pointed out that it actually still works, but the "Save" or "Submit" button is somehow invisible. I just tried it and confirmed it works on my iPhone 8 running iOS 12.1. Tap the Upper Right corner where the Save or Submit button used to be and it still works. But they really, really need to fix it!!!
JonathanThomasMarshall

Post by JonathanThomasMarshall »

OlorinTharkun wrote:Someone in another thread pointed out that it actually still works, but the "Save" or "Submit" button is somehow invisible. I just tried it and confirmed it works on my iPhone 8 running iOS 12.1. Tap the Upper Right corner where the Save or Submit button used to be and it still works. But they really, really need to fix it!!!
Thanks! That worked for me too.
edmondalma

Post by edmondalma »

It seems we are all having the same problem, and I hope they correct it soon. For now, I get around it by using the “share contact” option, and send myself an email with the contact attached. When I open the attachment it allows me to add it to my contacts. Frustrating, but it works for now.
sroge04

Post by sroge04 »

I reported this issue to the Church's tech support. They told me that the button actually still exists at the top-right of the add contact screen, but that it isn't showing up for some reason. I tried it, and sure enough it worked. So if you have used this feature of the LDS Tools app before it should be pretty easy to keep doing it even with the invisible button. They are actively working on a fix.
rednug

Post by rednug »

Hey it worked!!! I tried this and it said success!!!

OlorinTharkun wrote:
Someone in another thread pointed out that it actually still works, but the "Save" or "Submit" button is somehow invisible. I just tried it and confirmed it works on my iPhone 8 running iOS 12.1. Tap the Upper Right corner where the Save or Submit button used to be and it still works. But they really, really need to fix it!!!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”