"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by jonesrk »

That's interesting, because I have a gmail address too and I get the messages from Send a Message all the time, both the bcc and the cc versions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I also have Gmail, and I get email from ldschurch.org all the time. However, I don't think my leaders use "send a message" much. There's nothing in my spam folder.

I'm wondering if the issue is the email of the person sending. Their domain may not allow the church to send emails on their behalf.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

russellhltn wrote:I also have Gmail, and I get email from ldschurch.org all the time. However, I don't think my leaders use "send a message" much. There's nothing in my spam folder.

I'm wondering if the issue is the email of the person sending. Their domain may not allow the church to send emails on their behalf.
I was wondering this same thing. I checked an email sent through LCR and the SPF records looked right looking at the email headers. I do have a ward member using an @familysearch.org email address (an employee) that doesn't get the emails He was going to talk to the email admin to have them test.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I send out a ward newsletter each week using Send a Message and it goes ti AOL, Gmail, MSN, and Hotmail among others and as far as I know, they are all receiving it.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

zaneclark wrote:I send out a ward newsletter each week using Send a Message and it goes ti AOL, Gmail, MSN, and Hotmail among others and as far as I know, they are all receiving it.
We're doing our sacrament program via email. The familysearch.org email address is the only one I've heard of not getting it. I use a personal domain on a google g suite account and it works fine for me.
moored

Post by moored »

Does anyone know which callings have the right to use the "send a message " tool in LCR?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

moored wrote:Does anyone know which callings have the right to use the "send a message " tool in LCR?
See the Access Table at https://lcr.lds.org/access-table
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
moored

Post by moored »

thanks
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Ward website administrator does not show up in the access tables. Do they have the ability to send messages? They don’t seem to be able to access to LCR at all.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

A website administrator does not have access to LCR. I suspect it is because they are not a member of the ward council, a ward leader, or any calling requiring access to any tools found on LCR. Their function is to support the member public facing applications such as the Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”