Cannot Print lessons & Conf Talks from LDS .org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
whitakerhome

Re: Cannot Print lessons & Conf Talks from LDS .org

Post by whitakerhome »

WOW -I am also having this problem. The print doesn't even measure 2mm. You would have to have eagle eyes to read it. My 14/15 yr olds are struggling to read the talks I need to print as part of the lesson plans for group discussions. If they struggle to read out loud in general, the tiny print makes it WORSE. We are not suppose to encourage them to use their phones but I can't see another way. I am using a MAC & Safari but my husband has a Surface and it does the same for him.
Also, you can't use the SCALE option on printing. The text is right sided and you lose content when you increase the scale even thought the left side is completely blank.
Please, please, please fix this.
Now that we do not have actual manuals this is our only means of compiling lessons with all the resources needed. Printing and actually being able to READ/reference it makes for more efficient and spiritual teaching.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Does your browser have a Print Preview function? When printing from Firefox, I find it useful to use Print Preview to see exactly what would be put on paper, and sometimes adjust the scale factor or other attributes to get a more readable print.
mevans

Post by mevans »

If you haven't done so, be sure to submit Feedback as was recommended earlier.
bigfatsam

Post by bigfatsam »

russellhltn
Community Administrator posted that the staff is very small and overwhelmed, I understand but I wish they'd have thought of that before they changed a really good working web site, now so many of us are so struggling just trying to do what we've been asked to do. I wish they could bring in some extra staff to help fix the problems even some short term agency staff. A conference talk has shrunk from 6 pages down to 2, impossible to read.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I have never liked the formatting when printing conference talks directly from the web site. I always copy the text and paste it into a word processor. It takes me an extra 5-10 minutes to clean it up, but saves paper, ink, and frustration. Plus, I can make the font size, line spacing, and margins anything I want.
aprilharris

Post by aprilharris »

Thank you so much for the Chrome suggestion! This issue has been driving me crazy for months with my Gospel Doctrine lessons. Prints perfectly from Chrome. Thanks again!
hjohnstontaylor

Post by hjohnstontaylor »

davesudweeks wrote:I have never liked the formatting when printing conference talks directly from the web site. I always copy the text and paste it into a word processor. It takes me an extra 5-10 minutes to clean it up, but saves paper, ink, and frustration. Plus, I can make the font size, line spacing, and margins anything I want.
Thank you! This suggestion was so helpful!

Return to “Main Church Website”