Viewing all the footnotes at once?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
deelightfull

Viewing all the footnotes at once?

Post by deelightfull »

I can easily tap a blue highlighted embedded in the regular article to see a SINGLE highlight (or the Grey icons off to the side that indicate my own notes/tags/links). Once in a while I've done some sort of sliding thing that pulls out a list of ALL the footnotes from an article, but I'm having extreme trouble replicating the motion. Is it in where I'm touching? A corner? The speed? Do I have to be really quick? Somewhat slow? Most of the time my sliding makes the next talk/chapter /section appear. I want to know how to make the footnotes appear. Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Viewing all the footnotes at once?

Post by sbradshaw »

Swiping on the text of the chapter (somewhere in the middle of the screen) will switch chapters. Swiping from the very edge of the screen (starting with your finger off the edge of the screen) while you're on a chapter will open the sidebar. You can also open the sidebar to see all footnotes by choosing "Related Content" from the overflow menu (three dots at the top right).

Additionally, if you rotate your phone to landscape, or if your device is a tablet, you can choose "Pin Sidebar" from the overflow menu, which will pin the sidebar open so you can read and scroll both the main content and the related content side-by-side. Some users like to study with the sidebar always open.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
KTOlds

Re: Viewing all the footnotes at once?

Post by KTOlds »

The option to pin the sidebar seem to have disappeared in the latest versions 5.12.1. I have had to go back to old versions to use that feature. Does anyone know if it is permanently gone or will a fix come out.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”