Email to individuals to default to household email?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
brotherhill

Email to individuals to default to household email?

Post by brotherhill »

We want to start sending organization emails out. However, we have found that if each individual does not have an individual email in the system for that very person, it will not send an email to them--even when there is a household email listed for their household. This means single brothers and sisters with their emails listed as household emails will not receive the communication. I realize this can be changed one-by-one throughout the ward, but Is there a setting for us to change this (so that if the individual does not have a listed individual email but does have a household email, it would default to the household email)? Or can this be changed in the system?
mevans

Re: Email to individuals to default to household email?

Post by mevans »

Since you posted in the Directory forum, are you using something like "Email all Elders" that you find at the top of the organizations? Or are you using LCR's Send a Message feature? I've never paid attention to how these work, as I don't send out broadcast messages to large groups. If you haven't tried Send a Message, you might want to check it out. If it doesn't work as you would like, I suggest submitting Feedback (see link in LCR) about the issue. I think your suggestion will more likely get implemented if it's for LCR than Directory. The Directory is really old and they haven't done much with it for years.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email to individuals to default to household email?

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:The Directory is really old and they haven't done much with it for years.
Which to me suggests that sooner than later, the powers that be will say the directory is overdue and resources will shift to the directory. Perhaps to support Ministering for those who don't have phones.

I'd suggest hedging your bets and making appropriate suggestions in both places.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”