Prayer roll request app

gotpigs

Prayer roll request app

Post by gotpigs »

My husband has a great idea! :idea: Does anyone know if we can make an app to put names on a prayer roll list and send it (encrypted, of course!) to a particular temple? We figured that it could be a great new technological advancement for the Church. We would have to sign in to lds.org to access it. What does anyone think? If we can't do that, does anyone know why not?
Thanks and blessings to everyone!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Prayer roll request app

Post by russellhltn »

Aside from FamilySearch partners, the church does not support our allow third party apps to use the LDS Account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can call or email a temple to put a name on the prayer roll.

LDS Tools now has temple schedules and basic info. That might be a logical place to add such a feature, if the Church wanted to implement it officially. You could suggest it using the "Contact Us" button in LDS Tools (under Help).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Michael_Newman

Post by Michael_Newman »

sbradshaw wrote:You can . . . email a temple to put a name on the prayer roll.
Where can I obtain a list of email addresses that will accept names to be added to a prayer roll?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Michael_Newman wrote:Where can I obtain a list of email addresses that will accept names to be added to a prayer roll?
At LDS.org > Families and Individuals > Temples you will find all of the temples and their phone numbers. If you call, some temples will give you an email address to add names to the prayer roll. Most temples will accept names by phone. At some temples, you need to add names at the temple.

Not all temples have an email address for submitting names.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Some of the email addresses that aren't on LDS.org can be found in the LDS Tools app. I'm guessing that not every temple provides an email address because email requests could cause a lot of administrative overhead or could be abused – for example, I could imagine someone mass-emailing names to all of the temples (instead of just their own temple), emailing a spreadsheet with the names of everyone in their ward, or emailing the same names repeatedly every day.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

This attachment is what I see when I go to our temple's page: https://www.lds.org/temples/details/pho ... e?lang=eng

Works great!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
(113.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mariloubeatrice

Post by mariloubeatrice »

OUR TEMPLE IS CLOSED TELL DECEMBER NAVOO. I need to call several temples to put our name on the payer roll
caillines

Post by caillines »

mariloubeatrice wrote:OUR TEMPLE IS CLOSED TELL DECEMBER NAVOO. I need to call several temples to put our name on the payer roll
Visit https://www.lds.org/temples and find one of the temples you wish to call.
steven.brimhall@gmail.com

Post by steven.brimhall@gmail.com »

Here is how we do it. We write diwn the name(s) if those in need of special blessings after hone evening. Then if we attend the temple we put them in ourselves. When we cannot attend the temple we give them to someone we trust in the ward who is a regular temple attendant and ask them to do it for us. Every ward has a person or couple who attend the temple regularly. They are always willing to help.

Return to “Mobile Applications”