Highlighting not working.

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Highlighting not working.

Post by rmrichesjr »

applegate3 wrote:Please fix this asap...
To whom are you addressing your request?

This is a user-to-user forum. There are a few Church employees who happen to visit the forums from time to time, but there's no guarantee that anyone with the authority to decide when/whether/how to fix the problem will ever see your request in this forum. If you want your request to have the best chance of being acted upon, the feedback mechanism in the app is the best place to submit the request.
chuforever

Post by chuforever »

Highlight is not working when I read Oct 2018 General Conference talk in Chrome browser. The study mode comes up for scriptures on lds.org but not for the general conference talk. Can you please help fix this? Thanks.
BrentAFisher

Post by BrentAFisher »

I have usually used my iPhone for underlining and highlighting scriptures and other texts in Gospel Library. But when I look at the same scriptures on my Dell laptop or Surface Pro tablet, the underlines are all shifted right and most of the highlighting is also shifted right but to a lesser degree. Both the Dell laptop and Surface Pro tablet match exactly, both shifted right compared to my iPhone Gospel Library.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

brentafisher wrote:I have usually used my iPhone for underlining and highlighting scriptures and other texts in Gospel Library. But when I look at the same scriptures on my Dell laptop or Surface Pro tablet, the underlines are all shifted right and most of the highlighting is also shifted right but to a lesser degree. Both the Dell laptop and Surface Pro tablet match exactly, both shifted right compared to my iPhone Gospel Library.
On your Dell laptop and Surface Pro, are you using the Gospel Library app for Windows 10, or the older content pages on LDS.org, or the "new experience" Gospel Library Online content pages on LDS.org? There is a known bug on the older content pages on LDS.org, where highlights display as offset by a word or two (depending on how many footnotes are in the verse).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BrentAFisher

Post by BrentAFisher »

I didn't even know there was a Windows App. I thought it was only available through LDS.org on the computer. Everything matches right now. Thank you.
jeffreydalehansen

Post by jeffreydalehansen »

Really struggling with the new Come, Follow Me content in the Windows App and phone app. If you open a scripture, you can highlight any set of text and put notes and annotations. You can't select text in the new Come, Follow Me section. There are all these dedicated sections to record your thoughts yet you can't record anything in the electronic version of any of these. So I thought I would just cut and paste into OneNote and work on it from there (as gospel doctrine teacher) and the only way to select text is to Select All and then paste and I then lose all formatting and especially links to all the scriptures. You can cut and paste from the web (lds.org) version but you can't edit the content on the web nor app, so it has to all be done offline and not synced with all the other comments I have on my scriptures, etc.

It is great content if we just want to read, but the functionality that makes working on the other resources in the app and on lds.org are lacking in this new yet so critical resource we are all being pointed toward.
CMcClellan11

Post by CMcClellan11 »

What type of phone are you using? My husband is having this problem on his Android but I am not having the problem on my iPhone. We can’t figure it out.
AlmaHansen

Post by AlmaHansen »

This has been a continual problem. I thought at one time they had fixed it, but it still exists. Please try to get this fixed. I love to study electronically now, as long as I have highlighting ability. It worked for several months but is now not working AGAIN. :x
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

AlmaHansen wrote:Please try to get this fixed.
The Tech Forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. While we can discuss it, there is nobody here who can do anything about this. Providing your issues using the in-app feedback is the official method of getting things such as this to those who can do something. In the app tap the vertical ellipsis icon, tap Settings and scroll down the page to Send Feedback in the Additional Info section.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”